Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Dan

The end of Victory Motorcycles

It's official. Victory is going away!!!

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company...t-announcement
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Laurie (The former Mrs. Thumper)

BOO!!! This makes me very, very sad for all of us Victory owners....
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Dean

Well goddammit they quit trying about 4 years ago the bastards.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Rick

I blame Steve Menutto. That greasy east coast fuckhead. He's given Victory the short end of the stick ever since he had a chance to buy the Indian brand name. And after 5 years, then brand sales were lacking?

Just like Polaris bailed on their Watersport division, and will soon on their snowmobiles.

How the hell do you give up on a group who's Owner Loyalty is higher than Harley Davidson's?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Dean

Who's up for an egg-throwing rally at Polaris Headquarters? Start with the cars in executive row. Losers.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:03 AM
JohnnyIron

This is unbelievable to me. I am still in shock!
Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Greg

First off I will be suspending any and all new aftermarket custom imaging parts for victory . Second what a horrible thing to do the the loyal victory owners , if Polaris thinks for one minute I will even consider buying an Indian they are sadly mistaken . I guess Harley Davidson has a new customer .
Old 01-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Dean

I feel bad for all of us. But horrible for Rylan Vos and Gabe. Built a brand new Vic Shop building and just finished building his Victory monument sign for out front. Hopefully he can phase over into Indian upgrades? From Dean Cross' FB comment, I assume apparently some/most dealers did not even know this was coming.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:15 AM
Mat

Old 01-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Dean

I went to the Victory website to see if there was an announcement. And yes there was. Ironically a chance to respond to a survey popped up. I had to fill in 25 radio buttons but the key is at the bottom was my chance to provide feedback direct to Victory/Polaris. This is the only way I know of at the moment to provide direct feedback, save for the egg-throwing I still want to do. And I let them have it in the feedback, for sure. I don't know if the survey opportunity pops up every time, but you could try it. And damn, the Victory motorcycle pictures on the website still look awesome.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Joe

This certainly blows. There are many of us here in the TCVR that have been die-hard Victory since the beginning, and many still own the original V92Cs.

I started in 2002 with the 2nd generation C model and have owned 5 since then. Frankly, I was looking forward to the re-vamped XC/Vision and likely would have purchased one.

Still many questions left to be answered as to the "why," although that will likely never be told in full. Businesses make decisions for a lot of reasons, sometimes they make sense to us, and others not so much. There had to be an awfully good reason to do this other than focusing on Indian. I also imagine there will be a huge amount of feeling that Indian won't be long for this world as well - especially in a community of riders that has been burned multiple times in the past 20 years.

It will be interesting to see if any of the in-process development will be carried over to the Indian line, or dropped all together.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Mike

I feel betrayed. My Vics have been the best bikes I have ever owned and now my XCT with 16,000 miles on her is virtually worthless. Victory factory parts will dry up within the year and then we are all screwed.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Greg

By law Polaris will have to supply certain parts , but that being said your going to loose the support of the aftermarket parts , no exhaust , seats , performance and any kind of factory support .
Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
I feel betrayed. My Vics have been the best bikes I have ever owned and now my XCT with 16,000 miles on her is virtually worthless. Victory factory parts will dry up within the year and then we are all screwed.
They said they will support the bikes for 10 years. Not really sure what that means at this point. Could just mean expendables (oils, seals, etc.) or could mean more than that.

As has been said, the aftermarket will dry up pretty quickly since there are maybe 100-125k Vics on the roads at this point. Hard to get more people engaged in creating stuff for bikes that have a limited market.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Chris

well this sucks. I'm not surprised but it still sucks. Polaris never did anything to make Vic the "performance" cutting edge brand we had been promised after the Indian purchase. As Dean said, they quit trying 4 years ago. I'm glad I have a Vision but have no idea what the future holds for me. Nothing I've ridden is as good. The Roadmaster is nice but I'm not paying 28k for a bike. Same goes for the Ultra. I've got time and plenty of more miles to put on the Vision. Hopefully something will come along in that time that isn't overpriced and is a good ride. sad day.