Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Mark (MN)

Now that winter has set in.

How about a monthly get together? could be at different places every month but the same day like the first saturday starting in december. how about it boys and girls?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Lee (MN)

First Saturday

I would be all for It. We could start with the sponsoring dealships, perhaps.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Mark (MN)

Could make it a brunch thing, perhaps we could make the first one at Fitze's
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Mark (MN)

I talked to the all knowing all seeing Sparkomatic on the way to work today and seeing that the holidays are apon us we decided to put off the mounthly gathering of hoodlems till after the first of the year. So have a good and safe holiday boy's and girl's
Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Chris (MN)

Just a side note, there will be a 50th birthday party at renegades wensday december 14th about 7pm for a fellow vic rider I understand a few vic riders are planning on being there.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:22 AM
John

Whish fellow Vic Rider is turning 50?

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Chris (MN)

John,
Lauren, is ,I don't know if you know him or not . runs a 05 arlen ness kingpin, had a 01 money green dlx before that.lives out by prior lake.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Joe (MN now TX)

-5 below this morning it says on my Jeep as I drove in. Tell me again why people live in this environment. That job in Houston is looking really good right now. Wife says I could ride the bike everyday if we lived somewhere warm. Help me understand the beauty of cold weather.

Luckily I'm headed to Vegas for the weekend. But EagleRider.com no longer rents Victory's there so I am without a fix. Anybody know anyone in Vegas with a spare bike that I could tag along with for some riding time? I am going to call the Pat Clark dealer and see what they might have.

Joe_WaZoo
Old 12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_WaZoo
-5 below this morning it says on my Jeep as I drove in. Tell me again why people live in this environment. That job in Houston is looking really good right now. Wife says I could ride the bike everyday if we lived somewhere warm. Help me understand the beauty of cold weather.

Joe_WaZoo
While I can't help you understand the beauty of cold weather, I can tell you that it's a lot better than hurricanes... Houston was almost int he path this year and probably will be in the near future. Cold weather never blew your house away or flooded the neighborhood. And you know me, I hate the cold more than just about anyone!

Thanks for the heads up on Vegas Eagleriders. I am looking at a warm getaway for a few days ride in January and Vegas was on the list. It still may be, but I guess I'll just have to ride that "other" American brand...
Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Jerry (MN)

-5 below hell i just had to close the window for the 1st time!!! Did you notice there are no mosquitos at -5 below ! a real selling point if there ever was one,you can clean your windshield and never get a splat on it until march or april,damn mosquitos in Houston eat yankees for breakfast year round and you ever hear one of those noisy rockets go off? Everybody in Houston thinks their a frigging rocket scientist or astronaut too,nerve racking s.o.b.'s. Sold on MN. yet? awe jeez...
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Joe (MN now TX)

Ya I guess it would be hard to find Lutefisk down in South. Maybe that dish with a little salsa kick.

Joe_WaZoo
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 AM
bassman

So, now that we're into the new year and the holiday pressures have let up, how about a time and place to meet for a friendly get together and maybe a libation or two for those who imbibe? This thread has slipped down and thought I'd bring it back up for those who might want to do this. Almost any Friday or Saturday afternoon or evening would work for me. Most anywhere from Stillwater to Savage is fine, and a decent place to order a good burger or steak would be a must. Anyone have a local haunt they use that would work for this??? Would be best of course if there was a way to bring tables together and seat the whole group.
I really don't do that much partying but we do go to a place on Coon Lake occasionally, and that would take us well north. We also do Renegades ( tho that isn't the best for seating unless we get tables in back ), and Niessans down the road. That would take us well south. West I know nothing about, and inner city haunts are many but I'm not familiar with any.
HOW ABOUT IT GUYS?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Rick

Thanks for bringing the thread back to life, Nick.

I like Shooter-Lee's suggestion about doing at least some of the gatherings close to the sponsoring dealerships... though Mie's might be a bit far for my preferences.

Is there anything close to Warner's?
The new Vic dealership up in East Bethel on Hwy 65 is right near FatBoy's.
Kline's is pretty close to Nuemann's in N St. Paul. I think Joey_Waz works with an owner of Nuemann's.
I'm sure there's something fun near the Delano shop.

- Rick
Old 01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Joe (MN now TX)

That owner of Nuemann's and I are not the closest of budd's so that is not a place I would go to.

I'd vote for FatBoys. We could walk next store to the Victory dealer and drool.

Joe_WaZoo
Old 01-04-2006, 08:14 AM
Rick

K - so scratch Nueman's and insert Village Inn, same distance, different direction.

- Rick

Man, to not get along with Joe (who's one of the nicest, easy to get along with people I've ever met) the guy's gotta be a real jerk!