Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Colin (MN)

Victory Unveiling...?!?

I don't know who the marketing team is over at Victory but they have me HOOKED!

Friday Jan 16th at 1:30 (CST) I will be glued to my PC on hopes of being one of the first to see just what this "Victory Unveiling" is all about...

SO anyone have the inside scoop?

Man I want to go riding... I need to buy a snowmobile or maybe a mini dirt bike to play around with during Winter.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
bassman

I got so excited when I read their communique I had to go to the bathroom. My guess shifts between an entry level ride to a Buell type of sportbike version. I actually am anxious to see what they're up to but I know it won't be an ungraded TC like I'd like to see.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Russ (MN)

Unveil...

I am with you guys, Im hooked too. My guess is a smaller bike, like a 750 maybe. A sport bike would be cool, gotta be VTWIN though (Aprillia/Ducati style).

Can't wait til Friday!

Russ
Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Jeff

I know my daughter would be interested in a smaller engined Vegas Jackpot.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Pat (MN)

Is this to be just another not-to-be produced "concept" bike? If so, I'm not really that interested. Hopefully, it's something they plan to produce.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Colin (MN)

Daughter eh.... Always good to see another lady rider....

I must say from the "Shadow" style picture I also got the impression that it was a buell type design... But with a 106 enigine?!? All I can say is I hope it has seat belts cause a bike like that might be hard to hold onto!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Joe (MN now TX)

What was the roll out?

Joe_WaZoo
Old 01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Kevin (MN)

Just the core of a new model:

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...&WT.mc_ev=blog
Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Roger (MN)

Who needs a concept bike?

Congratulations Vic engineers! You just completely wasted monies and time towards a concept bike that is worthless!!!!!!!

Try listening to your customers and dealers and design a bike to compete with the 1200 HD sportster. Something entry level comsumers can handle!

I thought one of the big selling points of owning a Vic was that the mother company listened to the bike owners. I guess now that we have a new "leader" of the company they can start wasting monies on concept bikes.

Sorry folks but I am more than a little disappointed in Victory management and how they are handling the roll out of the 2009 line. And now this circus act.

Roger
Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
John

Hmmm, no headlight?

I don't know what is costs to manufacture a frame such as that, or if it is actually any simpler during assembly?
Is this possibly a new platform?

Come on guys, they can't come out with some thing groundbreaking every year. Especially since spending is as off as bad as it is...

I do wish they would make a smaller, cheaper entry bike. But, it also costs lots of money to tool that up as well. Maybe this platform could do both?

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Jeff

Now you may need supplemental padding for no rear suspension plus termite control.
I am a little disappointed as well and agree Vic needs an entry level machine that may be a little lower,shorter and lighter plus a little less power (dont say it).
This would be beneficial to newcomers to motorcycle riding. These folks will get a better feel for Victory instead of having to go to other brands for a more suitable entry level motorcycle.

Just my 2 bits worth.

Wingnutx7
Old 01-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Lee (MN)

F....N' SWEETTT!!!!

It actually reminds me quite a bit of a certain little black bike sitting in my garage right now.

Lee
Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Pat (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie55044 View Post
Congratulations Vic engineers! You just completely wasted monies and time towards a concept bike that is worthless!!!!!!!

Try listening to your customers and dealers and design a bike to compete with the 1200 HD sportster. Something entry level comsumers can handle!

I thought one of the big selling points of owning a Vic was that the mother company listened to the bike owners. I guess now that we have a new "leader" of the company they can start wasting monies on concept bikes.

Sorry folks but I am more than a little disappointed in Victory management and how they are handling the roll out of the 2009 line. And now this circus act.

Roger
Just about what I expected. It's a concept bike, nothing more or less. I really don't think Victory is too worried about having a smaller, entry level bike. I'd guess their next bike will somehow be based around the Vision somehow.

As far as Victory listening to their owners, when has that really happened?

Don't get me wrong, I love my bike, as well as most of their line up. But for people who are waiting in line for a beginner bike, I think you may as well shop elsewhere. And anytime you hear them using the word concept, don't get too excited.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Mark (MN)

What the f##k
Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Bruce

A concept is endowed with certain necessary and sufficient conditions in their description which unequivocally determine an extension. The containment model allows for no degrees; a thing is either in, or out, of the concept's extension. By contrast, the inferential model understands conceptual structure to be determined in a graded manner, according to the tendency of the concept to be used in certain kinds of inferences. As a result, concepts do not have a kind of structure that is in terms of necessary and sufficient conditions; all conditions are contingent. (Margolis:5)

C'mon boys...........step out of the box! It's just an idea, who knows what or where it will lead to?

You don't want Victory to be like everybody else............or DO you?!