Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:10 PM
Rick

Indian of St Paul Owner

Interesting article on "Art" Welsh in the New York Daily News. I never met him, but it might be good news for Doug over at Bison.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3429996
Old 08-25-2017, 04:52 AM
Matt

there was a post on a Facebook Indian page about a month ago. It was from a recently terminated employee saying how big of an asshole the owner was.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Rick

My brother has dealt with that guy in the past and also says that he's an asshole.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Joe

I've dealt with him as well, and all I can say is he gives assholes a bad name...
Old 08-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Rick

I figured there was a reason that Polaris allowed an Indian Dealership between Watkins and St Paul. This feedback might be a big part of that reason. Though it kinda screwed Mies, especially when they denied them the St Cloud location.

I only know 1 person who liked "Art". A lot of people who didn't. And a lot of stories. Hell, even Brian Denny (Flood Run), one of the nicest and easy going guys you could ever meet, doesn't have anything good to say about him. And that in it's self says a lot.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:06 AM
Kyle

Yeah what Brian said about him shocked me.
I've been to his shop for demo rides, bike nights.
He's always been polite to me.
I think he just sells Indian and Vanderhalls now so I will never be a customer.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Kevin

I know some people that are friends with him. I am indifferent. I just don't like how he promotes the dealership. When the Victory announcement was made he put up a disrespectful image on the Facebook page. Then when they picked up Vanderhall he shit all over the Slingshot. I don't know how you can stick around when you disrepect your parent company like that.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Lee (MN)

I gave them a 2/5 rating on FB and they "liked" it...lol
Old 09-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Michael

As an existing Indian dealer at the time of the Polaris acquisition, he was legally grandfathered in and had leverage to retain the franchise. Those few existing dealers did not have to abide by the strict new Indian showroom requirements, until, I was told, they made any changes to their dealerships, then they would be required to build out the showroom. He has done both, added on (significantly) and expanded his Indian space, so he must be meeting Polaris requirements. One legal misstep and Tousley would be an Indian dealer if the space between Tousley and Bison is adequate.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:54 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapperco View Post
As an existing Indian dealer at the time of the Polaris acquisition, he was legally grandfathered in and had leverage to retain the franchise. Those few existing dealers did not have to abide by the strict new Indian showroom requirements, until, I was told, they made any changes to their dealerships, then they would be required to build out the showroom. He has done both, added on (significantly) and expanded his Indian space, so he must be meeting Polaris requirements. One legal misstep and Tousley would be an Indian dealer if the space between Tousley and Bison is adequate.
How about NORTHWAY being able to get an Indian presence? Very few dealers have as great of a history with Polaris motorcycles, including OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. NORTHWAY has earned and deserves... maybe they could even open a 2nd shop in the proximity required to accommodate?

(I am not trying to take anything away from Bision, I have heard great things from very credible people)

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ritz View Post
How about NORTHWAY being able to get an Indian presence? Very few dealers have as great of a history with Polaris motorcycles, including OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. NORTHWAY has earned and deserves... maybe they could even open a 2nd shop in the proximity required to accommodate?
)

Northway would be much better than Tousley.