Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Tech Tips & Questions

Tech Tips & Questions What works and don't work with the mechanical workings of your cycles.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Dyno Tune Recommendation

Does any one have a suggestion for a professional dyno tuner that is familiar and has experience with Victory and the Power Vision CX? I'm adding a Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius exhaust onto a 2018 Vegas 8-Ball and want to tune the bike.

It was suggested on another forums site that I locate someone with experience and knows Victory bikes and dyno tuning with the PVCX.

Would be grateful for any advice or referrals. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:05 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo One View Post
Does any one have a suggestion for a professional dyno tuner that is familiar and has experience with Victory and the Power Vision CX? I'm adding a Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius exhaust onto a 2018 Vegas 8-Ball and want to tune the bike.

It was suggested on another forums site that I locate someone with experience and knows Victory bikes and dyno tuning with the PVCX.

Would be grateful for any advice or referrals. Thank you.
Doug Lofgren at St. Boni Motor Sports is the only person around here that can tune with the PowerVision.

I would recommend holding off for a while before pursuing it. I just went through this process last week and there is a software issue at Dyno Jet that they are trying to resolve. I am supposed to find out as soon as it is resolved and I will gladly post that here.

If you aren't making any other changes to the bike like cams or such, you may want to consider going with the Maxximus tuner. If so, that can be done by a few people within a 4 hour ride of here.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGopher View Post
If you aren't making any other changes to the bike like cams or such, you may want to consider going with the Maxximus tuner.
I know the tuners are getting to be a little like oil, and the tuners have their preferences. But, why would "cams or such" make a difference between Maximus or PVCX?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I know the tuners are getting to be a little like oil, and the tuners have their preferences. But, why would "cams or such" make a difference between Maximus or PVCX?
There isn't a tremendous amount of difference between the two other than Dyno Jet makes one and Techno Research does the other. It's likely a tuner preference. Although there are likely differences in terms of what each unit's strengths are.

Quite frankly, a PC5 would suffice for this application and open the window for a larger group of tuners, and still allow for the installation of cams at a later date. The Maximus or PCVX might just be overkill if there isn't a desire to do more later on.

And as I have learned, once you pair a Maximus or PVCX to your bike, that is the only way it can be updated in the future and cause some issues if there is a factory download required (the user has to re-set to the original tables and then re-load the tune from the box).
Old 08-18-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGopher View Post
Doug Lofgren at St. Boni Motor Sports is the only person around here that can tune with the PowerVision.

I would recommend holding off for a while before pursuing it. I just went through this process last week and there is a software issue at Dyno Jet that they are trying to resolve. I am supposed to find out as soon as it is resolved and I will gladly post that here.

If you aren't making any other changes to the bike like cams or such, you may want to consider going with the Maxximus tuner. If so, that can be done by a few people within a 4 hour ride of here.
Thank you for the info and advice. Wasn't aware of, and hadn't considered, some of the other factors, like software issues or bugs, that might come with the PVCX. I also assumed most tuners could dyno the bike using a PVCX. I'll reconsider going with the PCV since I'm only making a small mod (adding aftermarket exhaust).

Was simply trying to get the most out of the bike with the PVCX capabilities, but maybe that is just "overkill" for what I'm doing.

I'm grateful that I asked this question here. Please do update on what you find with your software issue from Dynojet.

Any other advice on this matter is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:59 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dyno tuner in the area that knows Victory well, assuming I add the PCV rather than the PVCX? It was mentioned that a PCV might open the field up to more possibilities for dyno tuning.

Anyone know anything about Bill "Hitman" Heitmann of MC Dyno Tech? I've not had a bike dyno tuned before, not really aware of him other than what is on his website. Wondering if his shop has a solid reputation or would come recommended.

Thanks.