Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Greg

End of season for you but it's just the beginning for me !

Hello everyone .
So the riding season is coming to a close and for many of us we will be putting are two wheeled friends too rest for a long Winters rest , but for me it's the start of designing new parts . Now one of the parts that I did this past spring was the hockey pucks . Matt and Moe have both told me of the failer that they experience with their pucks . First I would like to know if anyone else had a problem with their pucks and if so do you have a picture ? Next I would love to hear some feedback on how I could improve the design . Also I've been kicking around the idea of aluminum instead of the rubber pucks any thoughts on this idea ? Pro's and cons . Another thought was to make an aluminum spacer to go inside of the pucks , pro's and con's ? To be totally honest those pucks suck to cut , I'm still cleaning rubber out of my coolant tank . I would really like to hear all your ideas so I can come up with something that will work and last . Thanks
Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Rick

Hey Greg,
I've got LOTS of miles on the puck I got from you early this year. It does just what I wanted it to do. Actually, even more than I wanted it to do. It actually stands my bike up a bit too tall and I have to be careful when parking on the right-side of the road.

A thinner profile version would work great for me.

I think the hardware you provided worked great!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Greg

Ok , that's an easy fix . Thanks
Old 10-17-2017, 09:29 PM
John

Hi Greg,
I put one of your kickstand pucks on the Vision in August. Have a couple thousand miles on it, but most of those were 500 mile days, so not that many "cycles" on it.
I haven't seen any issues with it thus far, but I am wondering if over-tightening could cause the puck to wear or crack? When tightening mine down, I could see it starting to buckle in the middle, so I removed one washer (or was it two?) on each bolt which enabled me to get enough threads in the nut, without the puck buckling as I tightened it down.

The hardware provided was also excellent - very high quality.

I love the height of mine. Very happy here! I will keep an eye on it and PM you if I notice anything.

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:56 AM
Kevin

I also like mine. Since I have a shortened kickstand and never put the stock back after I put my bike back to stock height it puts the bike back to the stock lean angle. I haven't had any issues with it.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Kevin

In fact. Here's a pic of how well it is holding up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171018_111545.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	6394