Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Wheels To Meals

Wheels To Meals If you know a good place to ride to for a good meal (a day ride only), start a new thread with the name of the place. In the first post tell us where the place is and what you liked. A picture of the menu would be a nice addition or web site.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:04 AM
flatsboy

Thunder Valley Burnsville (formerly Tooheys, Renegades, etc)

Formerly Mr. Steak, Jose’s, Toohey’s, Southside Music Cafe and Renegades.

3809 W. Highway 13, Burnsville, MN (about 1/2 mile east of The Buffalo Tap)

Had a reputation as a rowdy biker bar when Renegades (was partially owned by now out of business Ghost Riders). New owner Steve Higgins wants to turn it into a sports bar by day and live entertainment by night while keeping it biker-friendly. He also owns the Basement n Prior Lake. Outside patio, interior updated, haven't eaten there but others say its good.

Lots of competition within a half mile with the Buffalo Tap, Neisens, American Legion and McKracken's Pub.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM
flatsboy

As of 4-16-2012 it's The Burnsville Ale House

The Burnsville Ale House. Wendy, Kurt and Kay purchased the place several months ago and have officially changed the name, remodeled (much nicer plus added booths) and have a much better menu.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM
flatsboy

Here we go again, looks like it will reopen soon by another never-owned-a-bar-before hopeful. Best of luck to the new gamblers, never saw a bar change hands so many times in so few years. Maybe they should name it the Black Hole or Jinxed
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
flatsboy

"Thunder Valley" scheduled opening early to mid May

The new owners haven't owned a biker bar before much less any business so this will be interesting. Lots of code issues to be fixed & the liquor license is in the works. One of my HD friends is doing the build-out and consulting, hopefully they do well.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
flatsboy

Well, the sign is up, they are officially a biker bar and they have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/ThunderValleyBarGrill The latest guess is opening early June if the City of Burnsville goes along with the deal.

Is it just me or is there a there a strong resemblance in their signage to AK-AK-A-DAK, we come in peace? You'll want to bring grandma and the kiddies

Maybe I'm missing something here but Fat Boys in New Bethel was designed and built as a biker bar and as many others who've tried like Tooheys and Renegades, they're gone. There aren't enough bikers in the area to support Neisens, McKrackens, The Valley Lounge, Arizonas, Tin Shed, The Ponite, Doherty's, Cowboy Jacks, etc much less one more. This isn't Hwy 61 or 35 on the river. Most will sit on the deck for an hour or 2, have 1 or 2 drinks and move down the line, that's not gonna pay the rent and even that is done in November. Other area bars cater to a wider audience, knowing they can't make it on bikers alone. The Ale House tried to cater to a broader group in the same location and that didn't work either. Of course some of their staff made sure of that.

It's their $ and good luck, it's great for bikers if they make it, maybe they'll succeed where others couldn't. Maybe some rookie luck will prevail
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MA.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	3499  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post

Maybe I'm missing something here but Fat Boys in New Bethel was designed and built as a biker bar and as many others who've tried like Tooheys and Renegades, they're gone.
The challenge with Fat Boys was that the city really tried to wreck their business. Too many restrictions on noise and outdoor bands, taking and acting on complaints from "neighbors" that are about a mile or farther away, and then a change of hands and drop in quality of food really did them in.

When it first opened it was always packed, and for about 3 years after that. Then the hassles started, they got a new owner that didn't care as much about quality, and things went downhill fast. Also having an owner that doesn't play well with the city and the cops doesn't help...
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM
flatsboy

Off the charts at Thunder Valley yesterday. Started off with a benefit ride that ended there, 3 bands and hundreds of bikes that kept re-loading all day and into the night. The music was 1st rate and not too loud in the bar area. Deck and bar packed all day and eve. Several Victorys showed including a BIG guy on a white XC who was sitting next to me and fell off his bar stool, we had a tough time getting him back up. I think he tweaked his hip and had to leave, nice guy, unfortunate. Those XC riders seem to have a hard time holding their

For never having owned a bar Tony and Michele have it figured it out, congtrats to them for their hard work and investment in the right places. I had my doubts but I'll eat my words

For those that haven't made it the food is good, the deck is inviting and there's a good band almost every night. 1/2 price appetizers until 7PM. It feels like Tooheys again but better. Ck out the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThunderValleyBarGrill
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Lee (MN)

We were there last Saturday afternoon. At the time we were there, their already limited menu was even more limited for some reason. I think it had something to do with the power outage in the area earlier. We ended up going somewhere else to get a bite.

I guess everyone was waiting to go there on Sunday, there were very few people there when we were there.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 AM
flatsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks700 View Post
We were there last Saturday afternoon. At the time we were there, their already limited menu was even more limited for some reason. I think it had something to do with the power outage in the area earlier. We ended up going somewhere else to get a bite.

I guess everyone was waiting to go there on Sunday, there were very few people there when we were there.
Like most of Savage they were w/o power that weekend until later Sat. They took a direct hit to the copper roof that took out a lot of equipment and had a Ziegler gen brought in. City of Savage had to cancel Dan Patch Days outright, their biggest weekend of the year. A general mess like a lot of other areas after the storm.

M-T-W are usually lighter except the eves then T-F-S-S they get busy, several rides start-end there, not all published. DJ on Mon, Karaoke Tue, Hillbilly Wed band every other week and bands T-F-S-S. If it's a decent weekend day there will be riding groups in and out all day/eve. There's usually a Vic or 2 in the lot. Lots of regulars, mostly riding in after 5PM.