Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Bruce (MN)

Twenty year old V92

Hello to all my fellow Vic owners, FYI, my 1999 Victory V92 #1308 (arteries red/black) is still running as good as the day it came from the Spirit Lake factory! A few mods were added over the years, Andrew's cams, Lloyd's overdrive sprocket,Rocket Rogers eprom.(RIP Rocket Roger). Open K&N filter,most importantly was the Tranny upgrade. The years have been good with my Vic. Sturgis 10 years in a row, Spirit Lake rally's five times, a dozen flood runs in the Spring, and probably a dozen in the fall. Also the same for the Frost runs, numerous charity runs, and several runs for lost riders. Even as of today with dodgy weather I unplugged the charger, put in the key and once again fired up that V92, and was proudly screaming down Hwy 36 heading towards Stillwater, with all the confidence in the World that my Old bit still looking New V92 was going to get me to my destination without any problems. (Yes I carry the extra emergency clutch cable in a plastic bag behind the side cover!). At the end of the day I pull into my Garage, and drop the stand, shut the pump off, than turn off the power. And as I look up I admire another day of Riding that Steel Horse, and yes I also have other horse's that need to be rode. My 1981 HondaCB750K, and my 2017 Indian Springfield. But that V92 was the one I rode hard and fast, mostly fast.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:31 AM
John

Great story Bruce! How many miles are one this great piece of motorcycle history?

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.