Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Tech Tips & Questions

Tech Tips & Questions What works and don't work with the mechanical workings of your cycles.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:53 AM
John

Center Fork Air Deflector

Just wondering if anyone has used a center fork air deflector on a CCT? Bad Ace Billet has one that I'm looking at, but I'm not sure if it will work on a CCT with the hard lowers, or how well they work at all. I just want to reduce the buffeting on my head on the occasions when I wear a helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAB Center Deflector.PNG
Views:	89
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	6425  
Old 04-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Rick

Yes, I have one on my XCT. I swapped the stock hard lowers for forged bars and JTD lowers, so our setups are a bit different. I thought it helped a little bit with buffeting.

I wanted to try the tank side wings since I seem to get a lot of turbulent air from the sides.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 AM
John

With the lowers on have you noticed any issues with the air from the forks deflecting into the lowers? Or does it seem like the air is now being routed to the outside of the lowers? Also, how is the buffeting with the lowers off?
I'm leaning towards trying out the center deflector, and adding the tank wings depending on what the results are. I only have buffeting issues when I wear a helmet, but I'd like to resolve the problem for the times and states where I'm required to wear it.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
With the lowers on have you noticed any issues with the air from the forks deflecting into the lowers? Or does it seem like the air is now being routed to the outside of the lowers? Also, how is the buffeting with the lowers off?
I'm leaning towards trying out the center deflector, and adding the tank wings depending on what the results are. I only have buffeting issues when I wear a helmet, but I'd like to resolve the problem for the times and states where I'm required to wear it.
I love the JTD lowers and haven't ridden with them off since I got them 4 years ago. Also, I don't have fork deflectors, just the JTD Lowers and the center (under fairing) deflector.

You're welcome to look at my setup or ride my bike when the streets clear to see how it works for you. We could even swap out windshields if you want to dial in in for you.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:14 PM
Rick

BTW - I saw recently that Kuryakyn is also making the center wind deflectors now.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:45 PM

Bad Ace Billet

I have a 2011 Cross Country with forged bars and JTD lowers. I installed the Bad Ace lower deflector and didn't notice any remarkable improvement in air flow. I used it for a couple hundred miles and removed it. If you are still looking for one. I would be glad to sell it, for less than I paid of course.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:25 PM
John

Thanks for the offer, but i already picked one up. I'm still playing around with the fairing deflectors and the hard lower deflectors to see if I can find a happy medium with the wind. The center fork deflector seemed to reduce the air coming off the front of the tank with the deflectors fully closed. I have a set of tank wings that I'm going to try to see if that helps with the deflectors fully opened. Oh the joys of problem solving...
Old 07-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Kevin

I have the Kury one. Didn't really notice a difference.