Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Wheels To Meals

Wheels To Meals If you know a good place to ride to for a good meal (a day ride only), start a new thread with the name of the place. In the first post tell us where the place is and what you liked. A picture of the menu would be a nice addition or web site.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Rick

Ernie's Pub and Grill - Burnsville

Okay, so it's not really a destination ride for many folks, but for us on the north side, it's a ways away. I found myself in the southern suburbs a few times this weekend, so I stopped in at Ernie's Pub & Grill on Cty 42 and where 35W and 35E meet. It's right in the crook between the two freeways, next to a PDQ store and a Days Inn.

Very good food, and a really nice atmosphere. A little more upscale, with things like Steak, Prime Rib, and the reason I had to check it out, Torsk (aka Lutheran Lobster). Everything was really tasty and well prepared.

I haven't had it, but they say that they have a really good brunch on the weekends. So if any of you are going to Lakeville for service on the bike, or just live down there, I recommend checking the place out.

http://erniespub.com/
Old 06-03-2012, 03:27 PM
flatsboy

Ernie's is close to the house, have been there a few times, good food. Hope they make it, it's where Fuddruckers used to be and they couldn't make it there, it's in a weird spot and little traffic gets there. One of those spots that keeps reloading with new ownership and a new name. Probably the best Prime Rib in Burnsville, get it while you can. I miss Fuddruckers.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
John

I like Torsk - if prepared well. (with drawn butter)

But few know it is similar to "Fresh Water Cod" which is actually what Minnesotans know as "eel-pout"

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
Ernie's is close to the house, have been there a few times, good food. Hope they make it, it's where Fuddruckers used to be and they couldn't make it there, it's in a weird spot and little traffic gets there. One of those spots that keeps reloading with new ownership and a new name. Probably the best Prime Rib in Burnsville, get it while you can. I miss Fuddruckers.
Yes, it takes a bit to find the place because it's off of the main drag by a block or so. I remember many years ago that spot was a Marie Callendar's restaurant.

Are there any Fuddruckers left in the cities? I think that most of them closed around the same time, because the corporation was struggling. There was one on 394 & Louisiana, but it closed a few years ago. I'm not sure if the one on 494 and France is still there. They did have good burgers.

Oh, and the Torsk was very good, and served with drawn butter, just like Torsk should be. I also had a few bites of the prime rib and it was really damn good.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM
flatsboy

That must have been a while ago, when I moved here in '92 Marie Calendars was on the SW corner of CR42 and the 35W exit ramp (later became The Roadhouse).

The Edina Fuddruckers is still there.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Rick

Hmmm, I could be wrong. Maybe it was there in the late 80s, or maybe I'm remembering the wrong location. I thought that the Marie Callendars was located where you could see the sign from both freeways, but that's too long ago for me to remember. I just thought that the Ernie's location had a familiar feel to it.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Lee (MN)

The place was built as a Country Kitchen way back in the dark ages, If my memory serves me correctly.