Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Joe

No worries Rick.

If you haven't purchased tickets yet, this discount code D2D18 is still good for $4 discounts.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Lee (MN)

We're going to the show, but we will be there early. Won't be staying long enough to do dinner.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks700 View Post
We're going to the show, but we will be there early. Won't be staying long enough to do dinner.
Miss you already!
Old 12-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Kent

Sorry for the late notice, but myself and one other will be joining the dinner. If there isn't room at the reserved tables, no worries, we will find an option. Look forward to seeing everyone later.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Dean

I went Friday. The stunt show is good, and Vicki Golden 3x X-games Moto-x gold medalist is one of the riders. I do have a complaint for the show in general, but I'll save it until the weekend is over.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

Great to see everyone at the show, even ran into Lee, Stacy & Sean on the way in!

Thanks for setting up dinner Joe.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Dean

My complaint already came up on FB. I'm happy this show comes to MPLS, but it was disappointing to not see Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, KTM, and of course no Victory booth. Triumph and KTM are typically no shows, but we used to see Yamaha and Ducati. Happy Dan's theory is that two MPLS IMS shows in one year was not in the budget for some local dealers. Could be. I did see Motoprimo and Moon Motorsports people but they did not bring any of their Ducati's or Triumphs. You'd think the local dealers could get some factory support for bringing some local bikes to the show. Side note: I think one of this year's Indian ladies used to work the Ducati booth.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsteamn View Post
My complaint already came up on FB. I'm happy this show comes to MPLS, but it was disappointing to not see Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, KTM, and of course no Victory booth. Triumph and KTM are typically no shows, but we used to see Yamaha and Ducati. Happy Dan's theory is that two MPLS IMS shows in one year was not in the budget for some local dealers. Could be. I did see Motoprimo and Moon Motorsports people but they did not bring any of their Ducati's or Triumphs. You'd think the local dealers could get some factory support for bringing some local bikes to the show. Side note: I think one of this year's Indian ladies used to work the Ducati booth.
This pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was surprised to see so few people at the show this year compared to previous years. On top of the change in schedule, I just think that having it this close to Christmas was another reason that attendance was down. People just have a lot of stuff going on this time of year.

I also found it interesting that there seemed to be a lot more custom bikes than years past. Not that I mind, but I always thought the primary purpose of the show was the factory bikes and vendors.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Chris

Thanks for setting up the dinner Joe! it was fun and good to see everyone!

I also think having the show so close to when everyone was riding a few weeks ago hurt attendance. I know there are valid reasons for holding it when they did but having it in late winter/early spring is best. Bikers are getting cabin fever and dreaming about clean roads and riding. What better way to tide you over then to go look at some shiny new bikes and shop for gear. It's also possible that a lot of people didn't realize how early the show was this year. I know I got a lot of emails about it but it's easy to not think about it this close to the end of riding season. Missing a few vendors doesn't help either.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGopher View Post
This pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was surprised to see so few people at the show this year compared to previous years. On top of the change in schedule, I just think that having it this close to Christmas was another reason that attendance was down. People just have a lot of stuff going on this time of year.

I also found it interesting that there seemed to be a lot more custom bikes than years past. Not that I mind, but I always thought the primary purpose of the show was the factory bikes and vendors.
Yes, quite a few custom bikes. Many of which have been there in past shows though. I also was hoping Yamaha would be there.

I did learn a couple of things. Even with a lowered chassis the BMW adv bikes are too tall for me The helmet I want fits me! So once I get my Christmas money I am getting a new helmet.

Did you guys take a pic somewhere? I looked around and didn't really see anyone I knew.

So, we stopped at the Bison Thunder booth because we saw the tank bag purses. My sister liked the design. But also Mary, their tailor, was there with her sewing machine. My sister loves sewing and found out they do a lot of the same stuff. Once my sister started talking to her my nephew gets a really bored look on his face. He knew it was going to take awhile. He looks around and asks if we can go sit in the cars (slingshots).

Last edited by SirPoonga; 12-11-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga View Post

Did you guys take a pic somewhere? I looked around and didn't really see anyone I knew.
No picture. Since there really wasn't a Victory presence there, or Sparky, we didn't really think about taking one (although Thumper did bring it up!).
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsteamn View Post
it was disappointing to not see Yamaha, Triumph, Ducati, KTM
Am going from memory, but I thought I saw these manufacturers on the literature in magazines, mailers and flyers about the Minneapolis specific show?

Unless of course, the advertising is standard across all cities/markets/venues?

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:15 AM
Rick

Lower attendance:
5.) Fewer manufacturers
4.) Fewer small vendors - they were really missing
3.) Much smaller footprint - I think it was about 2/3rds of the sq footage of previous years
2.) Too close to Autumn riding season

And the number 1 reason Too close to Christmas and other holidays. I mean, it was just 2 weeks after Black Friday!

I am guessing that the IMS knew that this was going to be a much smaller show than previous years, so they tried to up their game by having all of the custom bikes, and builders there. Cory Ness, Brian Klock, Kyle Shorey, and others from the Grease and Gears group gave several talks or demonstrations. Pretty cool. And Cory Ness said one of his sons (forgot his name) is working in the Twin Cities for Polaris now.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Rick

This is as close as we got to a group IMS picture. Some people from the show didn't make the dinner and we are missing Faith and Jerry, as they got there a little late.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	201712_TCVR_IMS_Dinner.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	6403