Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Wheels To Meals

Wheels To Meals If you know a good place to ride to for a good meal (a day ride only), start a new thread with the name of the place. In the first post tell us where the place is and what you liked. A picture of the menu would be a nice addition or web site.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:33 PM
John

JR's #19 BBQ - Pine River

Had to run up north today to help my brother pull docks, decided to run up a little early and hit a BBQ spot I saw on my GPS when on my last BBQ run.

JR's #19 BBQ is EXCELLENT!

Got there about 1130 - I was one of the firsts of the day. The owner (Ryan) was there with a new employee. He encouraged me to sit at the bar (because he would give me samples Everything is home made, with his own recipe's.
He encourage the Ribs, but highly touted the Brisket as well. My first (generous) sample was a slice of brisket.
Damn good!
Next was a bone of pork rib - YEP, that's what I am having! Excellent!!
Ryan then asked what sides - he encouraged the Northwoods caserole: wild rice, portabellas, pork, brisket, bread crumbs and a bunch of other good stuff! Yep! I'll have some of that!
Next recommendation was beans - smoked for 48 hours - with lots of meat. Yep! I'll have some of that as well!
ALL OF IT WAS Excellent! I will definitely ride here again just to eat.

Ryan was very friendly - he is from Pine River originally. He then was in the military (I think he said that) was also in the car business. He has lived in many places in the south - always interested in food and worked in restaurants part time during his stays in the south, learning things along the way.

He moved back home, and started out small when he opened 5 years ago at a different location in Pine River. (he since moved to his current location which is bigger, and stylish-and sells beer) He has slowly expanded, took on an investor, and now caters, and sells food at 4 other locations in the area. (resorts and theme parks) His sauces (3- Hot, Regular, Sweet) and rubs are sold at 61 locations in the area.
His commercial smoker holds 1200 lbs of meat (before the smoking process) and demand now exceeds it's capacity; so he will be getting another smoker soon.

By now, many others have come in to get food.

I didn't have room for his cheese cake - which he entered into a MN contest shortly after generating the recipe; and without research or advertising of the contest, won 2 second place.

The ribs were awesome - best I have had in MN - some of the best I have had at any location. Definitely on par with Skip Steele of St. Louis, who has many top 10's in the world.

Ask for Ryan - tell him: "John Ritter - the one still living" - told you about the place and said it was awesome.

And now, still have to give a shout out to Big Daddy's - which is right here in St. Paul - their Rib Tips are still just a touch above all others. (and don't tell me rib tips have too much gristle - who the hell eats true BBQ and is trying to "watch their diet" when they do?...only an insane person) - Tell them John Ritter sent you as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_112726.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	5433  Click image for larger version

Name:	20150926_113522.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	5434  

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Dan

I'm gonna have to check this place out!! It sounds delicious!!!