Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Hodge Podge

Hodge Podge Any subject NOT about motorcycles you would like to share.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Joe

Insurance curiosities

I got my insurance bill for the bikes today and noticed two things of interest to me:

First, my rates did not increase even with the unfortunate Turkey Incident. in some ways, I guess it paid to stay with a company for many years and have a good driving record.

Second, there was a page about how you qualify for rates and that it has to do with your credit rating. I knew this, but hadn't seen the details before. Anyhow, the only factor that said it had an impact was the lack of an Oil Card in my name. I am curious to know how having a Shell Credit card could or should have an impact???

A call to my insurance broker turned up empty, since she hadn't heard of it before.

Lastly, for those taking, or who have taken a safety class before; I am getting a 2% discount on rates for the initial safety class I took years ago, so I asked about further discounts once the Advanced and Police courses are competed. She is following up and seems to remember additional discounts for additional training.

Your mileage may vary on these things, but it is worth a call to your insurance rep to ask.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:19 PM
John

go to triple A and take safety course for your car insurance and get more of a discount. Its a hour class room talk section
Old 05-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Jerry (MN)

I got a decent discount after taking a defensive driver course over at Dakota County Vo-Tech.

But then I got a speeding ticket( off a red light camera in Virginia), so my rate went up almost 60.bucks. A year. I hadn't had a speeding ticket in 20 years.

Sheesh! Now I'm ticked don't ya know.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Dave (Former hammertime)

This thread and one on thevog made me look. Anyone have opinions on geico? They are literally 1/3 of what I am now paying progressive with the hammer and the zrx for identical coverage. Even upping my limits on both the proportion stays there.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Jerry (MN)

I checked into Geico a long time ago and the rate they quoted me was cheap, I gave them all the information, including payment information and when I got the first bill statement it was more than they had quoted, by far. I immediately cancelled with them and haven't looked at them since. YMMV, it was at least 15 years ago.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Lee (MN)

I just checked with Geico too. As others stated, WAY cheaper! Too good to be true? I am going to call them and give me a firm quote rather than use the online system.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:56 PM
John

I have Progressive for my bikes and just sent an inquiry about a discount for the CPMC - I should know more in a couple days.

Will follow up here with my findings.

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Joe

I have checked both Geico and Progressive on a yearly basis for the bikes and they are always about double what I pay with Dairlyand.

The really odd part is that my car is with Progressive and they are the cheapest for me...