Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:26 AM
Laurie (The former Mrs. Thumper)

Thirsty Thursday - October 25

As much as we don't like to admit it, the truth is that winter is coming. It's time to start up the monthly happy hour get together. Anyone is welcome to step up and schedule a Thirsty Thursday or Wicked Wednesday, or whatever you want to call it.

So I will start out the season with an October 25 event. We will be meeting at Main Street Bar & Grill in Hopkins. I will be arriving at 4:00 or so. Please post up if you will be joining Thumper and I.

Hope to see you there!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Chris

I don't think I will be able to make it. Mirna is out of town so I will need to go from Rosevile to IGH after work to take care of Floyd. It would be after 6 sometime before I could even start heading up to Hopkins
Old 10-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Dean

I will try to make it. I still have a loud horn to deliver to Laurie for her KP, assuming you still want it.

Random recommendation unrelated to motorcycles, something to see while you are in that area if you like machines. Main Street Bar and Grill is within 2 blocks of the Moline luxury apartments at 100 8th Ave S, Hopkins, MN. The Moline apartments are built on or close to the site of the old Minneapolis Moline factory. The front lobby has a large showroom with 8 immaculately restored Minneapolis Moline tractors, including the UDLX which has a cab like a truck and was intended for the farmer that wants one machine to work his fields and then go to town on Saturday night! One of the most sought-after collector tractors of all time. They only sold about 250 of these. It's a very cool display and something unusual for a luxury apartment building. You have to ring the front desk from the entry door and tell them you just want to come in and admire the tractors and they are happy to let you in. No, I don't live there but I stopped and took pictures.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Joe

I won't be getting home until about 6 or 6:30. Maybe I'll text when I land and if it's still happening, I'll swing by!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Lee (MN)

on the calendar, should be there
Old 10-14-2018, 05:01 AM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsteamn View Post
I will try to make it. I still have a loud horn to deliver to Laurie for her KP, assuming you still want it.

Random recommendation unrelated to motorcycles, something to see while you are in that area if you like machines. Main Street Bar and Grill is within 2 blocks of the Moline luxury apartments at 100 8th Ave S, Hopkins, MN. The Moline apartments are built on or close to the site of the old Minneapolis Moline factory. The front lobby has a large showroom with 8 immaculately restored Minneapolis Moline tractors, including the UDLX which has a cab like a truck and was intended for the farmer that wants one machine to work his fields and then go to town on Saturday night! One of the most sought-after collector tractors of all time. They only sold about 250 of these. It's a very cool display and something unusual for a luxury apartment building. You have to ring the front desk from the entry door and tell them you just want to come in and admire the tractors and they are happy to let you in. No, I don't live there but I stopped and took pictures.
Thanks for the info Dean! I need to stop in there sometime. See an UDLX in person instead of just photos.
You wouldn't just putt putt to town on Saturday. They have a pretty tall gear for that.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Mat

This is on the calendar, I should be there.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Brian

Myself and my better half should be able to make it.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Rick

Bringing this to the top:
Happy Hour is 3-6:30. $2 domestic bottles. The dinner special is 1/2 rack of ribs, fries and slaw for $11.
https://www.mainstreetbar.com/happy-hour/

If you think you will make it, please post up so we can give the bar a heads-up.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Dean

Rats, I now have meeting that night that I can't miss.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:43 PM
John

Dang - I can't make this one.

Crap! It's been too long since I have seen, let alone, ridden with the great folks of the TCVR. (sadface here)

Have fun!

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:40 PM
Lee (MN)

Won't be able to make it. Will be out of town.