Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Mike (formerly MikeD)

Exciting News, or Just Hype?

I just got my August issue of Motorcycle Cruiser, and it included a short article about a recent media event held by Victory at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena to hype its 10 year anniversary.

I won't quote all three paragraphs, but will pass along this excerpt . . .
Quote:
Victory . . . rolled out a catalog full of major upgrades to existing bikes as well as several new models for 2009. We're sworn to secrecy right now, but look for the official way-cool announcement on July 24.
I've only heard one rumor (having to do with the Hammer and Jackpot), but that's all so far. I guess I'm not all that well connected.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Jeff

Victory is being a tease now huh....good timing, just before Sturgis and AVP.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Al (MN)

Just have to chime in on this one... I personally would like to see a few different styles of bikes, like (this is going to hurt) HD... Vegas is awesone, Hammer kicks butt, and Kingpin is the Bomb, but style wise they are the very similar, save the tin.. would like to see more variations, different families so to speak......Maybe this is a step that way, I personally can not wait....
Old 07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Joe

There was a resourceful individual that posted something on the "other" site about what 2009 models passed by CARB (California Air Resources Board) for Victory. This may not be an exhaustive list, but it gives you an idea.

As was discussed before, it looks like all fat tire bikes get the 106, there will be a Ness Vision and Jackpot and a Kingpin Low.

Who knows what else is in store, but we will all know next week!
Old 07-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Bruce (MN)

Vic Hype..

I like the way that Victory has approached marketing their motorcycles. They seem very careful about defining their market segment, that is heavyweight high-end cruisers rather than entry level riders. They have such a small share of the cruiser market that it's important to have a well conceived marketing plan.
burt
Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Mike (formerly MikeD)

Well, it looks like the magazine overhyped it a little. The Vic website now has the 2009 models posted. New are the Arlen Ness vision (Cory still has the Jackpot) and the Kingpin Low. They also have a 10th Anniversary Vision Tour for $29K (includes Reverse).

I do like some of the new paint and I like the 2-into-1 exhaust, except for the fact that it is only available for the '08 & '09 models.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Bill (Webmaster)

Thank goodness they made the 10th Anniversary Vision in Antares Red.

Sparky_Bill
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Pat (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_Bill View Post
Thank goodness they made the 10th Anniversary Vision in Antares Red.
...though would have made it much fast if they'd had gone KYSO blue...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 AM
Pat (MN)

Nothing to get excited about, at least for me, for the '09's. I do like the anniversary Vision, but really that's about it. Even the 8 balls have some new wheels that I'm not crazy about, and still have the 5 speed. I guess it's nice for the Hammer/Jackpot guys, the new models have a cammed up '106. But kind of expected/hoped for at least one new model.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Mike (formerly MikeD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
I guess it's nice for the Hammer/Jackpot guys, the new models have a cammed up '106. But kind of expected/hoped for at least one new model.
Well, perhaps its nice for future Hammer/Jackpot guys, but its not doing all that much for me and my '06!

Now, I just gotta figure out how I talk Bonnie into taking my Jackpot instead of a Vegas Low so that I can get one of the new Hammers! Of course, I don't see her getting her endorsement or us finding the $$$ for another bike any time soon anyway.

But I still love my Jackpot!

What I don't understand, and it ought to be very easy to do with their current inventory of parts, is why they don't create the following two models:
  • A Vegas type rear end with a Hammer type front end. This would be for those that like a standard tire bike, but aren't crazy about the Kingpin fenders or the skinny Vegas front tire.
  • A Jackpot rear end with a Hammer front end (several people have done this on their own), for those that like the fatter front, but aren't crazy about the Hammer's rear fender.
The change they would need to make for these models would be to either take the 'ridge' out of the tank and rear fender, or add a ride to the wider front fender to make the styling consistent from front to back. The Vegas and Jackpot tins have the ride, and the Kingpin and Hammer tins don't.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Pat (MN)

I kind of wish they'd come out with a Kingpin with normal fenders. Someone, I think on the VMC photoshopped one up, and it looked real good.

I do get a kick out of Victory, talking about "new" models, like the Kingpin Low, or the 8 balls. Like Don say's, maybe next they'll come out with a Vision Low, and a Vision 8 ball. TWO NEW MODELS!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Mike (formerly MikeD)

I just read a post on the VMC that said there is also a new Ness Vic. Chopper. Ness produced . . . sold through Victory dealers. 80 to be produced. Looks like a Ness frame with a number of stock Vic and Ness parts, including the 106 ci Vic powertrain and a 280 (or maybe 300) for the rear tire.

Thread is here.

Some have said it reminds them of the Ness Low Liner (but with a Vic powertrain, and a Victory-style rear suspension, from what I can see).

And Victory has also announced they've added Roland Sands as a consultant.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Dave

I guess I really didn't expect a totally new model, we just got the Vision last year. I like the new paint schemes and the Ness Vision and Jackpot. Good job by Victory if they signed on Roland Sands as a consultant! He builds some very cool bikes using a lot of his sportbike racing influence., He is one of my favorite builders, and his dad owns Performance machine.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
I do get a kick out of Victory, talking about "new" models, like the Kingpin Low, or the 8 balls. Like Don say's, maybe next they'll come out with a Vision Low, and a Vision 8 ball. TWO NEW MODELS!
Kind of like Harley I guess. 5 models of Bikes in 100 years and then they make a few minor changes and make 40 "new models". Those FLH, FLS, FXS, FXD, VRS and XL numbers hardley makes sense to me.

Touring Models
2008 Road King Classic
2008 FLHRC Road King Classic 105th Anniversary
2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle Road King
2008 FLHR Road King
2008 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
2008 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
2008 FLTR Road Glide
2008 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
2008 FLHT Electra Glide Standard
2008 FLHX Street Glide
Softail family
2008 FLSTC Softail Heritage Classic
2008 FLSTF Fat Boy
2008 FXSTSSE2 Screamin' Eagle Softail Springer
2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe
2008 FXSTB Softail Night Train
2008 FXSTC Softail Custom
2008 FXSTC Softail Custom Anniversary Model
2008 FXCWC Softail Rocker C
2008 FXCW Softail Rocker
2008 FLSTSB Cross Bonesmotorcycles harley-davidson cross bones profile
Dyna family
2008 FXDB Dyna Street Bob
2008 FXDSE2 Screamin' Eagle Dyna
2008 FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom
FXDC Dyna Super Glide Custom Anniversary Model
2008 FXD Dyna Super Glide
2008 FXDF Dyna Fat Bob
2008 FXDL Dyna Low Rider
2008 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide Anniversary Model
VRSC Family
2008 VRSCAW/A V-Rod
2008 VRSCD/A Night Rod
2008 VRSCDX/A Night Rod Special
Sportster Family
2008 XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom
2008 XL1200C Sportster 1200 Custom Anniversary Model
2008 XL1200 L Sportster 1200 Low
2008 XL1200N Sportster 1200 Nightster
2008 XL1200R Sportster 1200 Roadster
2008 XL883C Sportster 883 Custom
2008 XL883 Sportster 883
2008 XL883 SPORTSTER 883 LOW

Sparky_Bill
Old 07-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Pat (MN)

Good point Sparkey. Though they do have quite a bit of difference in some of the models in their respective familys. For example, the different fairings, (or NO fairings) in their touring family. And I think the Cross Bones, the Rocker, and the Fat Boy are different enough in the Softail family. I do agree with you for the most part though. I just remember that Victory was promising to introduce a certain number of new models per year once, and I hardly think a Kingpin, a Kingpin L, and a Kingpin 8 ball really are 3 different models, more of a slight variation on a model. Maybe manufacturers should talk of new families of bikes, and new models of bikes in that family!