Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Bill (Webmaster)

Well had another great time even with a little rain. The best thing I did was to find a little accessory for Kit's new ride. Whenever you get a bike with a cool paint job it's had to find the woman with hair to match.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-09-06_005a.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1141  

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Rob (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_Bill View Post
Well had another great time even with a little rain. The best thing I did was to find a little accessory for Kit's new ride. Whenever you get a bike with a cool paint job it's had to find the woman with hair to match.
A perfect match for "Arlene"!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Sid (moved 2007 from MN)

We need pictures for us out of towners pleeeease. I miss all youguys and gals sure is hard when I read about stuff that I used to do every year and now I can't. BOO HOO. I know get a life right!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Doug (MN)

Haven't posted much lately been busy with the new house.

Hope everyone hade a great time at the Chilli Feed. Sorry I had to miss it this year, would have been my 12th year, so now next year I'll be a first-timer again.

Pics plz!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Doug and Sid yoiu were both missed. Doug, poor Thumper, he did not have a very soft landing this year. Me, I learned a lesson this year. This will be the last time I use my old vintage Victory to haul my stuff out there and back.

After a bit of rain my load was heavier. I took Co. O home. I now know what it feels like to do Co. O with a Harley after doing it all loaded up.

I got home just fine. Knowing I was going to be doing Co. O on the way home I used 6 bungies to hold the load on. As I was removing the bungies I heard a loud noise. It was not till I had it all off did I notice that my luggage rack had broke. Thankfully it looks like it can be welded and not show as it broke in the bend next to the passenger seat.

So this will be the last time I load the old girl up like that since I have other options.

But even being overloaded like that she pulled away from the other bike that pulled out of the Chili Feed the same time as I did. By the time I got to the bottom I could no longer see his headlight even in the long straight away at the bottom.

BTW the pole had some GOOD action this year. Thumper was the idea man (for years), Kyle was the builder. I supplied Dean with he light and he was in charge of effects. My you guessed it was the camera man. The TCVR crew was in charge of the cheering on.

Here is a sample that I can show you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2008-09-06_059.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1145  Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-09-06_069.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1146  Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-09-06_085.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1147  

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Rick

Sid and Doug - yes, you guys were definitely missed! You too Inge, Grego and even K.O. - who's chair I dug out of the ashes of last year's bonfire pit.

This year's best anhancements were the re-engineered dancing pole, and a new vendor for this year - the Bull riding booth. I think Sparky has a bruise on his chest from pressing up against the fence of the bull riding booth! Who ever thought of the game Strip Bull Riding was a genuis!!!

Sid - Jeff S, now works for a fortune 50 corp and lives down in SW MN with great benes. He just has major surgery, got out of the hospital on Tues and was at the 'Feed' by Thurs, still the same great spirit and attitude!

Doug - I don't think i needed a landing spot all weekend, but I think there were a couple of cute 'spinners' that might have landed where I wanted to setup your tent if you had come. :-)

Dean - did you get your underwear back OK?

Lee- a great job as talent scout and recruiter!

Stacy & Linda - it was great having you two rookies. Linda - we'll resolve your power trouble for your next trip! Umm, what have happened with Lupe?

Connie - so, how was your first experience? BTW - next time I'm grabbing the Hilton spot over there by the creek.

I really like this more when it was a Saturday night only thing, with Friday night reserved for the volunteer party. Seemed like the energy level was higher then. 2 other things I really missed: warmer weather and Phat Pearl by the bonfire playing American Pie at 2am.

I want thank Kyle for everything he did this year. From engineering to logistics - he made this 'feed' really come together! Thanks, KILLER!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Kyle

Yes you alee that weren't there missed a great time. Sid - it would be worth flying in for next year as we already have some more enhancements for next years pole!

Thump you are welcome, and thank you right back!

Kit - I will be dropping your stuff off at Dean's around 1pm today

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Joe

Kyle -

I noticed in the first pic that Sparky posted that you had an unusual looking head dress.

It looked a lot like something that might cover another part of the anatomy entirely!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Kit (MN)

Thanks to all who made this an enjoyable event. Thumper and Kyle for equipment transportation and tent erection (not that kind you filthy minded.....). Me and the young guns had a good time (of what they were able to remember) We did have to leave a man behind.....too much chili I think Hopefully he made it home later OK (I'll have to check on that). Dean, I will try to get to the shop today or tomorrow to pick up my gear. Thanks again for that service. And then of course there's Sparky.......the photoinstigator.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Jeff

I know......Kyle must have been wearing some sort of ceremonial headdress or is this the official Chili Feed do-rag.....?.....

Jeff
Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Lee (MN)

All right Kyle! Stacy wants her "do rag" back...lol

Another great time!

Remember...YOU DIDN'T SEE NOTHIN'
Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 PM
John

Dammit! I sure wish I didn't see nothin!

Sparky - can you show me nothin in person? I am really interested to see what I missed....again....

But - Grandma and Granpa were thrilled for their 65th. Grandma (84 and still with a lot of zip) went for a ride on Vic - that was a lot of fun!

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Connie (MN)

Randy and I had a GREAT time. People-watching was definitely an eye-opening experience. I have a lot of pictures and even more burned into my brain but not captured digitally. (Those brain cells were thankfully spared.) Will post some pics later tonight if I have a chance.

Thumper loved the spot by the creek. I don't think I'll ever be enthusiastic about camping, but I will always be enthusiastic about partying!

Connie

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Rick

All, you're sure welcome. It was a labor of love! Hopefully, next year, I can make the chili again.

Kit - you're downed soldier spent a lot of time sitting quietly by himself. He was gone by the time we were done packing. I think he left right about the time "Not-Kelli" Lynn put on the dance music, but I never saw him on a bike.

TXLee - here's a pic of some 'up-nort chic' chicks for ya. PM me your email address and I'll send a couple more. Sorry you didn't have a warmer, dryer experience.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1150