Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
bassman

[quote=Colin321;20974]Quote from SCVR Message Board:
"This is a tent only event. ... no campfires (too many tents for safety),

...QUOTE]

This is the stated reason for no campfires but we all know the real reason. If you combine a tanker truck full of free beer, caldrons of free chili, and a couple thousand bikers, the possibility of a huge methane explosion is very real.

I would love to do the Feed again but very simply, tho money is no object with some, it is an object to me. I've been south ( OK, TX ) twice this year already, once with camper and bike to a rally, once with truck and boat. The money for the feed ( which has doubled in last few years ) is money needed to do a trip to TN with bike and trailer late next month. The trip is to visit kid and grandkids, and finish it off with a rally near Knoxville TN that is a 3 dayer for $20 a head. Since it's 21 and up only I guess I will use the last of my beads down there.

You guys heading to rally have a great time.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
... and finish it off with a rally near Knoxville TN that is a 3 dayer for $20 a head.
$20 is nice and cheap - lots of things are cheaper down south, eh? One question, Nick, what does the $20 include - free brew and food?

Yeah, the 'Feed is a bit on the spendy side. But it's cheaper than the IA Abate and, IMHO, more intimate and at least as much fun.
why is divorce so expensive? Cuz it's worth it! And I think the chili feed it worth it (if ya got it).

Now, just to let people know, there WILL be a new platform for the 'Feed this year. Thanks for KillerX for stepping up and making this happen! And, I must say, the new pole this year is great!

Now, rumor has it that Dean will be willing to collect gear as a staging point for those going to the Chili Feed and not wanting to load their bikes up. I'll let his verify. And Kyle and I will setup camp on Thursday night (Sept 4) with the gear that we pick up (from Warners or from those who coordinate with us). I would suggest pitting your name on anything we are setting up for you, so we can keept the stuff together.

- Rick
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Lee (MN)

Here's the latest for us. I'm gonna be there Friday night, then go pick Stacy up Saturday. Haven't been there Friday before. How wild is it? I guess the real question is, should I plan some recovery time Saturday morning before I pick her up? lol

Rick, will you have any advanced sale wristbands?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:13 AM
bassman

Thumper, if I had nothing else planned already for this year I'd jump at the Chili Feed. I've been there a couple of times. Last time I was there the pre-order tickets were $20 per person. That year they had a big name group (Molly Hatchette (sp?) maybe) and other bands also. There is a spot down by the bridge over the creek that is the best in the place IMHO. But, my wife doesn't drink beer, I don't drink at all, about 2 bowls of Chili is it for us, so that part of it is not a big deal.

It's not cost as much as the other costs later on the trip south. As far as the cheaper in the south, it is and also I have found that the whole atmosphere amongst the people is so much better than the many rallies I've been in the north. When you go with a group you have your group and have a good time. When you go in the south it's like the whole rally is a big group. No cliques like the ABATE rallies turn into. And I agree about the Litchfield rally. I'd much rather do the Chili Feed over that and until they get their own site for the rally it will stay that way. A basically public campground is not the place for an adults only rally.

Anyway, if I sell a couple of things going on the market I may still make Chili Feed but it's unlikely. I'm really disappointed I just don't get out to more of the happenings you guys create but always seems like other things are going on. You guys will have a great time and enjoy. As for me, before the next month is out I'll have had my bike and camper thru 12-13 states so it isn't like I'm sitting around waiting to take a ride somewhere.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Ren

Hey Friday isnt that wild, last year there wasnt that many people, still a good time see everyone there
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Rick

Lee - Stimpy's right. Last year I think was the first year they opened to the public on Friday and there wasn't that many people there. Of course, wild is where ya make it, and I sure needed some recovery time. Not nearly as much as on Sunday morning, but it was fun on Friday.

I liked the way they did it before, where it was only Saturday night that was open to the public - Friday was 'Staff Night" - private party for the volunteers with a small local (volunteer, I think).

Nick, if you think the North is that way... try New York! (puke). I'm sooooo glad to be back in the Midwest. True, the southerners are even more friendly, but 'sconny parties still ROCK. But we'll still miss ya! It might be 2 years since last I saw you. At Yarusso's, I think.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Connie (MN)

TCVR Stickers

I will be selling TCVR Stickers at the Chili Feed for the special price of three for five bucks. This is the lowest price of the season, so make sure you get them as early as you can on Saturday... they won't last long!

Connie

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
-Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
bassman

Ok, you guys sound like you plan to have too much fun. After reading all the posts on this thread wife and I talked about it and decided to change plans a bit. One of the things we have really been remiss on the last few years is getting together with the TCVR group. Tho I've met a few on rides and bike nights we have decided to do the Chili Feed if we're welcome with the group ( I still wear my patch on vest everywhere ).

I have Fridays off so will plan to get pre-ticketed and be there as early as anyone wants to start. We have decided the cost can be handled by NOT doing the TN rally and riding down there with just bike and no camper. Camper coast 5+ mpg depending on speed and wind and so we'll leave it home on TN trip next month. I will have my tent camper and can bring a couple of extra folding chairs if needed, tho it sounds like a truck is going to haul a lot of stuff out there. I usually have a small campstove and the makings of a breakfast with but if group has plans for meals that's great and we'd be happy to chip in.

SO we'll do the Feed and hope to get to know and re-know a bunch of the TCVR group and figure on in Friday sometime if plans are made to pick a time. I would be happy to help with POLE of course and have some Sparks beads to get rid of.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Rick

That's great, Nick. We'll see you and "J" - I hope you didn't shave the beard, or I'll never recognize you! :-) I'll put up a small tent with your name on it on Thursday to save your trailer spot. We'll take that tent down on Friday when you get there. BTW - extra chairs are always appreciated. Just ask K.O. Oh, and we'll keep that little tent as a spare, just in case someone breaks another tent this year.

I tried calling Dean Saturday to make sure that gear could be dropped off, but I guess Warner's had a nice long weekend off. I hope you guys enjoyed it! If Dean's agreeable, Kyle will pickup Chili Feed gear from Warner's on Thursday afternoon.

Jonny - you had offerred up your solar spot lights last year. If they're still available, they'd be used for the stage! You're still going, right?

Lee, I'm planning on picking up advance wristbands tomorrow. Want me to pick up 2 for you and Stacy?

So, who all's comming?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
So, who all's comming?
I'll be coming there after work Thursday to set up one small tent. I will then be coming back after work Friday to start the rally off. If you can pick me up an advanced, great. Heidi will not make it this year, her niece is coming in from out East.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Lee (MN)

Actually Rick, we already got our tickets...thanks. Give me a call if ya get a chance
Old 09-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Kyle

I talked to Dean a week or so ago and he said it would be cool for peopleto drop of there gear at the shop this week. I will pick everything up thursday around 3:30 pm. and take it out to the Gaslight thursday night.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Kit (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
...So, who all's comming?
I got 3 tickets for me the boy and one of his buddies. Now where did I put that damn tent
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
John

Sorry Thumper the solar spot lights were installed this year!

I am kinda sad to say I can't make it this year. I have the Grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. I wish I could go, but am glad to still have the grandparents around....

I want to here stories - Thumper, could you buy Lee a couple of shots for me? - The stories that he's involved with, always seem very interesting...

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Rick

Ritt - sorry to hear that you'll be missing it, yet again. Even sorrier that I'll have to pick up some solar spot lights. LOL But congratulations to your granparents! Wow - 65 years of marraige - that something!

Sparky - I'll get your wristband.

Kit - let me know by tomorrow if you want to borrow a tent.

All - anyone who's staying Fri at the Chili Feed and wants to ride up to Osceola with Dean and the Warner's gang, they'll be stopping at the Point Holiday Inn just outside of Prescott (Hwy 10 & 61) about 8:45. I'll be hooking up with them at that point, and I'll be glad I didn't have to get up early enough to make it to Bloomington by 8am!

Anyone who drops their gear off at Warners, please put your name on it so we can keep your stuff together.

Looks like Fri and Sat are sunny 70s. This might be a really good weekend!