Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Mike (formerly MikeD)

I'm no lover of Harley style, but at least within their different model families, they have different tins. The commonality with the softails is the swingarm rear and hard-mounted engine. The commonality with the Dyna's is the ugly shocks in the rear and the rubber-mounted paint-shaker engine. But there are several different styles of fenders, etc within those model families.

Simply put, those groupings are based on the different underlying frames that everything is mounted to.

By those rules, everything in Vic's line-up, except for the vision, is in the same model family, because its all the same basic frame.

No slam on Vic. They're only in their 10th year, so this amount of selection seems pretty good to me (except for the two "models" I suggested earlier). If they make it to 100+ years, we'll see just what they offer then!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
If they make it to 100+ years, we'll see just what they offer then!!
Like your attitude Mike, but count me out of that WE 'Kemo Sabe. I just don't think I'm going to be around in 100 years.

Sparky_Bill
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Dave

Sparky just had to list the whole H.D. lineup. Now I'll have all them damn letters floating around in my head tonight when I'm trying to sleep!! FLHSTC..LMNOP......WXYZ
Old 07-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Kit (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Sparky just had to list the whole H.D. lineup. Now I'll have all them damn letters floating around in my head tonight when I'm trying to sleep!! FLHSTC..LMNOP......WXYZ
Right Goose, and let us not forget M-I-C-K-E-Y--M-O-U-S-E
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 AM
"Formerly Tubamotorcycle" Chris (MN)

As much as I like the Victory line-up, my next bike will be the Vision. Victory obviously knows the market better than I do, because I like the general look of my V92C...I miss a bike in the line-up that is more like a H-D Fatboy or Heritage Classic.

I never know if I should be disappointed when the "new" bikes come out, or just chalk it up to journalists who don't know what the word "new" means. When Victory makes a blacked-out version of one of their current models, I don't really count that as a "new" model. When a manufacturer changes a model enough that it is visually different (I'm thinking about what H-D did with "Street Bob" a couple years ago), I'm okay with calling that a new model. I don't know how many different frames & engine configurations a company needs to keep itself from being "too" diversified and still profitable.

Personally, I don't count the 10th Anniversary Vision a "new" bike. I'd like to see a KYSO version as well as a black version...but then again, I'm not a buyer yet, either.

I think the last major piece we're waiting for from Victory is an entry-level bike with smaller displacement, aimed toward beginning riders and some female riders who are (probably errantly) wary of larger displacement bikes. At that point, Victory can then tinker with all the models at their pleasure, changing components and naming the models as they will.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Pat (MN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
As much as I like the Victory line-up, my next bike will be the Vision. Victory obviously knows the market better than I do, because I like the general look of my V92C...I miss a bike in the line-up that is more like a H-D Fatboy or Heritage Classic.

I never know if I should be disappointed when the "new" bikes come out, or just chalk it up to journalists who don't know what the word "new" means. When Victory makes a blacked-out version of one of their current models, I don't really count that as a "new" model. When a manufacturer changes a model enough that it is visually different (I'm thinking about what H-D did with "Street Bob" a couple years ago), I'm okay with calling that a new model. I don't know how many different frames & engine configurations a company needs to keep itself from being "too" diversified and still profitable.

Personally, I don't count the 10th Anniversary Vision a "new" bike. I'd like to see a KYSO version as well as a black version...but then again, I'm not a buyer yet, either.

I think the last major piece we're waiting for from Victory is an entry-level bike with smaller displacement, aimed toward beginning riders and some female riders who are (probably errantly) wary of larger displacement bikes. At that point, Victory can then tinker with all the models at their pleasure, changing components and naming the models as they will.
I agree with your take on what a "new" model is. I guess I'm not really waiting for a smaller displacement bike, but would like to see a "standard" cruiser, more like the original V92. I've said it before, (many have) that I wish they would/could somehow give us an option on the Kingpin's fenders. They ones they have, as well as some more standard ones. May it could be in their COP.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Lee (MN)

I want to see a Victory sport bike. I was hopeful when Polaris and KTM had their agreement. Now I think I'm not going to hold my breath.

Lee