Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 AM
DEZ DEZ is offline
Mike (formerly MikeD)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Big Lake (Orrock), MN
Posts: 553
I'm no lover of Harley style, but at least within their different model families, they have different tins. The commonality with the softails is the swingarm rear and hard-mounted engine. The commonality with the Dyna's is the ugly shocks in the rear and the rubber-mounted paint-shaker engine. But there are several different styles of fenders, etc within those model families.

Simply put, those groupings are based on the different underlying frames that everything is mounted to.

By those rules, everything in Vic's line-up, except for the vision, is in the same model family, because its all the same basic frame.

No slam on Vic. They're only in their 10th year, so this amount of selection seems pretty good to me (except for the two "models" I suggested earlier). If they make it to 100+ years, we'll see just what they offer then!!
__________________
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Sparky_Bill Sparky_Bill is offline
Bill (Webmaster)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cannon Falls, MN
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
If they make it to 100+ years, we'll see just what they offer then!!
Like your attitude Mike, but count me out of that WE 'Kemo Sabe. I just don't think I'm going to be around in 100 years.
__________________
ENJOY LIFE.
IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!

Sparky_Bill
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Goose Goose is offline
Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cannon Falls MN
Posts: 557
Sparky just had to list the whole H.D. lineup. Now I'll have all them damn letters floating around in my head tonight when I'm trying to sleep!! FLHSTC..LMNOP......WXYZ
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Kit Kit is offline
Kit (MN)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Sparky just had to list the whole H.D. lineup. Now I'll have all them damn letters floating around in my head tonight when I'm trying to sleep!! FLHSTC..LMNOP......WXYZ
Right Goose, and let us not forget M-I-C-K-E-Y--M-O-U-S-E
__________________
Kit
Ya don't quit ridin' cause ya get old...
Ya get old cause ya quit ridin'
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Choirguy Choirguy is offline
"Formerly Tubamotorcycle" Chris (MN)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Southeast Twin Cities Suburbs, MN
Posts: 534
As much as I like the Victory line-up, my next bike will be the Vision. Victory obviously knows the market better than I do, because I like the general look of my V92C...I miss a bike in the line-up that is more like a H-D Fatboy or Heritage Classic.

I never know if I should be disappointed when the "new" bikes come out, or just chalk it up to journalists who don't know what the word "new" means. When Victory makes a blacked-out version of one of their current models, I don't really count that as a "new" model. When a manufacturer changes a model enough that it is visually different (I'm thinking about what H-D did with "Street Bob" a couple years ago), I'm okay with calling that a new model. I don't know how many different frames & engine configurations a company needs to keep itself from being "too" diversified and still profitable.

Personally, I don't count the 10th Anniversary Vision a "new" bike. I'd like to see a KYSO version as well as a black version...but then again, I'm not a buyer yet, either.

I think the last major piece we're waiting for from Victory is an entry-level bike with smaller displacement, aimed toward beginning riders and some female riders who are (probably errantly) wary of larger displacement bikes. At that point, Victory can then tinker with all the models at their pleasure, changing components and naming the models as they will.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 AM
BATMAN BATMAN is offline
Pat (MN)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northfield MN
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
As much as I like the Victory line-up, my next bike will be the Vision. Victory obviously knows the market better than I do, because I like the general look of my V92C...I miss a bike in the line-up that is more like a H-D Fatboy or Heritage Classic.

I never know if I should be disappointed when the "new" bikes come out, or just chalk it up to journalists who don't know what the word "new" means. When Victory makes a blacked-out version of one of their current models, I don't really count that as a "new" model. When a manufacturer changes a model enough that it is visually different (I'm thinking about what H-D did with "Street Bob" a couple years ago), I'm okay with calling that a new model. I don't know how many different frames & engine configurations a company needs to keep itself from being "too" diversified and still profitable.

Personally, I don't count the 10th Anniversary Vision a "new" bike. I'd like to see a KYSO version as well as a black version...but then again, I'm not a buyer yet, either.

I think the last major piece we're waiting for from Victory is an entry-level bike with smaller displacement, aimed toward beginning riders and some female riders who are (probably errantly) wary of larger displacement bikes. At that point, Victory can then tinker with all the models at their pleasure, changing components and naming the models as they will.
I agree with your take on what a "new" model is. I guess I'm not really waiting for a smaller displacement bike, but would like to see a "standard" cruiser, more like the original V92. I've said it before, (many have) that I wish they would/could somehow give us an option on the Kingpin's fenders. They ones they have, as well as some more standard ones. May it could be in their COP.
__________________
Pat
'14 Indian Chief Vintage
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-27-2008, 01:15 PM
sks700 sks700 is offline
Lee (MN)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Elk River, MN
Posts: 1,809
I want to see a Victory sport bike. I was hopeful when Polaris and KTM had their agreement. Now I think I'm not going to hold my breath.

Lee
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Site Content Copyright 2000 - 2010
Twin Cities Victory Riders
All Rights Reserved