Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

11th Annual Grand Rounds Ride Sunday 10/11/15

Okay people want a date again. This is a bit ahead of the 10 day forecast so not knowing this far out the weather I am going to hedge my bet. It is tentative to be Sunday October 11th but weather might move it back to Sunday the 18th that said let's talk about what the Grand Round ride is for the new members. Instead of my typing I will give links to the past years threads and link to the pictures.

THREADS:

Pictures of past Grand Round Ride

We will be meeting at the Victory Memorial for pictures before heading out. Picture time will be at 12:15PM shooting for KSU at 12:30PM. Cut and past the bold numbers into Google. Group picture will be in front of the memorial and parking will be where indicated in picture HERE.. 45.037064, -93.319457

For those that would like to have brunch, some of us will carry on the tradition of going to Fitz's in Eagan. We then take a scenic ride to the Victory Memorial for pictures and the start of the Grand Rounds Ride.

Here is their Sunday Brunch menu. http://cedarvalelanes.com/Sunday_Brunch.html

Check back as the day gets closer for a rain cancellation for the 11th and date change to the 18th.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Rick

Sparky's been doing this ride so long, he's on autopilot!! Here's last year's (2014) post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_Bill View Post
Okay people want a date. This is a bit past the 10 day forecast so not knowing this far out the weather I am going to hedge my bet. It is tentative to be Sunday October 12th but weather might move it back to Sunday the 19th that said let's talk about what the Grand Round ride is for the new members. Instead of my typing I will give links to the past years threads and link to the pictures.

THREADS:

Pictures of past Grand Round Ride

We will be meeting at the Victory Memorial for pictures before heading out. Picture time will be at 12:15PM shooting for KSU at 12:30PM. Cut and past the bold numbers into Google. Group picture will be in front of the memorial and parking will be where indicated in picture attached.. 45.037064, -93.319457

For those that would like to have brunch, some of us will carry on the tradition of going to Fitz's in Eagan. We then take a scenic ride to the Victory Memorial for pictures and the start of the Grand Rounds Ride.

Here is their Sunday Brunch. http://cedarvalelanes.com/Sunday_Brunch.html

Check back as the day gets closer for a rain cancellation.
Well, he did change the dates by one day.

That said, this is one of my favorite rides of the year! If you haven't been on it before, it's kind of like our own little parade. It's low speed, lots of stops, and on a nice day you get kids waving and pointing. Even if it's really chilly out, the low speed and frequent stops makes it quite enjoyable. And you might even see a few parts of the 'Cities you haven't seen before. I highly recommend you make this ride.

THANKS, SPARKY!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Rick

But, Sparky's on such AutoPilot mode that he forgot to change the YEAR in the title!! It should (obviously) be 10/11/2015

Luckily, being the administrator, he can fix that and delete this post. ;-)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
But, Sparky's on such AutoPilot mode that he forgot to change the YEAR in the title!! It should (obviously) be 10/11/2015

Luckily, being the administrator, he can fix that and delete this post. ;-)
Thanks for the catch, done.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sparky's been doing this ride so long, he's on autopilot!! Here's last year's (2014) post:

Well, he did change the dates by one day.
Eagle eye, there are a few more changes than the day.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Wayne

Val and I would like to participate so we will watch for updates. Even though I grew up in Minneapolis, I've never been on the Victory Memorial Drive. I got directions off the site and will have to find the memorial before noon. No address given so use of GPS only good to show map. I'll have to get there "old school." LOL
Old 09-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Dave (Former hammertime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
Val and I would like to participate so we will watch for updates. Even though I grew up in Minneapolis, I've never been on the Victory Memorial Drive. I got directions off the site and will have to find the memorial before noon. No address given so use of GPS only good to show map. I'll have to get there "old school." LOL
2910 Victory Memorial Dr
Minneapolis, MN 55412

I'm in!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
2910 Victory Memorial Dr
Minneapolis, MN 55412

I'm in!
That is the closest house to the Memorial.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Dave (Former hammertime)

I promise not to knock on their door

Just trying to give something to map based on the comment.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:52 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
Or you could meet Sparky at Fitz's in Eagan. With his appetite he usually needs to get there pretty early. (especially for his birthday!)

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Wayne

Ol farts have a harder time than yung farts getting up in the am. Getting to Eagan at 10 is too early for us, So, we'll meet at the Memorial and will eat at Psycho Suzi's after the ride.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Rick

I plan to be on this ride again. The memorial is located on the corner of Memorial Parkway and Lake Drive (County Rd 42). There is a gas station on France Ave and Lake Drive (about 6 blocks west) if anyone needs gas before the ride.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Bill (Webmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
I plan to be on this ride again. The memorial is located on the corner of Memorial Parkway and Lake Drive (County Rd 42). There is a gas station on France Ave and Lake Drive (about 6 blocks west) if anyone needs gas before the ride.
Good point on having gas for at least 75 miles.

Sparky_Bill
Old 09-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Wayne

Good to know, Rick!
Old 09-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Matt

My bride and I will be there. Count us in for Fitz's and physco Suzie's. What a great way to wrap up our honeymoon week!