Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Mike

Northway Sports

I was in the Black Hills over the July 4th holiday and noticed my clutch slipping in 6th gear. I downshifted to 5th and then shifted into 6th again and noticed the clutch lever was not returning to its proper position. I manually pushed it back and all was well. When I returned to the Twin Cities I took my bike to Norhtway Sports and had them look at it. The diagnosis was that the clutch cable was hanging up and was slipping the clutch and it was recommended that it be replaced. My bike has nearly 25,000 miles on her and is in the 2nd year of warranty (extended). Extended warranty would replace the clutch cable but not the clutch assy. My dealer contacted Victory and even though the bike was out of factory warranty Victory agreed to replace the clutch assy. I am very impressed with Northway Sports and Victory for going the extra mile and replacing an item that is considered a "wear item". My next bike will be another Victory and it will be bought at Northway Sports. Dan and the whole crew went out of their way to get my bike fixed and back on the road.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Joe

That's great to hear Gibby!

Glad you didn't get stranded at any point in time, either!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 AM
J

Clutch Slip/Northway Sports

Sounds like I might need to take a trip to Northway Sports to look around and check the place out. MotoPrimo hasn't impressed me to much. Have been in there twice and yet to have anyone meet me at the door or say hello. I can't believe I can walk all the way to the service desk before anyone even acknowledges I'm in the place.

Thanks for the info Gibby
Old 07-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Ken

[ I posted this a few days ago..]Rode up to NorthWay on Tuesday to check them out, I was very impressed with the amount of time the operations manager { Faith } took to show me around and answer my questions, I usually do my own work, but if I need a shop in the future I will try them out, my super store dealer is good at selling bikes, but customer service after the sale needs a lot of work....

Glad to here it all worked out, Defiantly will check them out.....
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 AM
flatsboy

+1 for Northway, 2 yrs back Dan personally came out with a trailer to haul me and the KLR650 back to the shop in a rainstorm when the front tire blew several miles from their shop on a Saturday (they were busy). The guys in service had me on the road quick after a tube replacement. They're a Kawi dealer as well so they had what I needed in stock.

For anyone considering service on anything from Leos, they put the new front tire on the KLR the night before. The mechanic put the new tube in but forgot to tighten the schrader valve which allowed it to back out which loosened the cap and the tire went flat almost instantly. If I hadn't scooted back onto the rear fender to keep the wheel up while rear-braking I'd have probably greased the underside of the F150 behind me. Great fun at 65 in the rain.

My Victory card actually covered the tow and repair even though it was a Kawi, they said as long as I'm driving the bike doesn't matter. Dan handled all the paperwork and away I went. Impressive indeed.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Rick

Faith and Dan are both great! I think Northway also does weekly dinner rides, don't they? Plus they have the new Bar/Grill right next door.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Paul

A few weeks ago I walk into Northway and Dan looks up and said hi Paul. I do not go their that much and for him to greet me by name gives a guy a warm fuzzy.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Faith and Dan are both great! I think Northway also does weekly dinner rides, don't they? Plus they have the new Bar/Grill right next door.
Yes they do,
Old 07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Paul

Ok well it is a slow day. Ah well I went to Red Wing the other day and what a place. As I walked in they sat me down a gave me a Petty white nails, washed my white socks and dried them. (They do not do black ones). Washed and waxed my bike (yes Rick she was wearing a bikini.) All that for just a oil filter can you believe that.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schamby View Post
Ok well it is a slow day. Ah well I went to Red Wing the other day and what a place. As I walked in they sat me down a gave me a Petty white nails, washed my white socks and dried them. (They do not do black ones). Washed and waxed my bike (yes Rick she was wearing a bikini.) All that for just a oil filter can you believe that.
Now that's customer service ............
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
John

Gibby
your one lucky guy cause clutch are not covered normally
Old 07-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny vision View Post
Gibby
your one lucky guy cause clutch are not covered normally
Tony at Northway was quite sure that the faulty clutch cable was the reason for the clutch failure and made Victory aware of that. But yes, I am very lucky that they covered the clutch. For the few hundred dollars it cost MaVic they made me a VERY happy repeat customer that is sure to buy Victory again. (maybe Indian)
Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Jeff

I had a great experience there as well. I purchased my bike from them, they gave me great trade in price, and then follow up with the stage 1 and RPWS. Great to deal with.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Kurt

I'm lucky that I live about a mile from Northway, and my son Chad works there part time and is sponsored by them racing his Kawasaki and has been for several years. He's the one who got me interested in Victory bikes in the first place as he'd bring by demo bikes for us to ride. I bought my V92C ( used ) from them and the belt went on it, Dan personally picked me up with the trailer and they replaced the belt at cost, no labor. There's been several instances where I was in the middle of "fixing" or replacing something on one of my Vic's where I went over for some advice and Troy would take the time to help. ( one time it was replacing my tow shifter for a heel/tow ) again no charge. One of the last dinner rides a rider on a Honda he just bought from someone else was stranded on Hwy 65, near the shop. They helped him push the bike into the parking lot and jumped his dead battery and sent him on his way. That old saying what comes around goes around, well it fits for them.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Rick

(like)