Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Tech Tips & Questions

Tech Tips & Questions What works and don't work with the mechanical workings of your cycles.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Matt

dyno tuners

Who is the hot shot dunno tuner here in the cities? Would love to go to the Vic shop but my calender isn't really allowing it right now....
Old 05-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Greg

Call Mike at HI-PerSports in Maple Grove. 763 493 6356.

He's been dynoing for 20 years and has tuned 2 bikes for me.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:50 PM
flatsboy

Matt, here's a thread about local tuners from last year, lots of good ones available and these are just a few. Check out Bikeman Performance in St. Croix Falls http://tcvr.us/messages/showthread.p...ghlight=TUNers

http://bikemanperformance.com

Last edited by flatsboy; 05-17-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Paul

Just to stir the pot. Ever think about a Dubeck Gen 4. Auto tune fuel controller. Cost about the same as a good dyno tune.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 AM
flatsboy

What Paul said (and a good stir) http://www.dobeckperformance.com/GEN...technology.asp

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Crui...number=9120280

Call Dillon 406-388-2377 and he'll give you the right part # for your bike. The great news is these really work and are relatively painless to install, the bad news is as technology advances the need for high dollar Dyno tuners diminishes, especially for street applications. Much of the technology they use is incorporated in these units and can be changed easily as you further modify the bike w/o return trips to the tuner.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Matt

Thanks guys!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
What Paul said (and a good stir) http://www.dobeckperformance.com/GEN...technology.asp

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Crui...number=9120280

Call Dillon 406-388-2377 and he'll give you the right part # for your bike. The great news is these really work and are relatively painless to install, the bad news is as technology advances the need for high dollar Dyno tuners diminishes, especially for street applications. Much of the technology they use is incorporated in these units and can be changed easily as you further modify the bike w/o return trips to the tuner.
After checking out the links, it looks cool, anyone have them, wucha think ?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:27 AM
flatsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeds. View Post
Paul (Schamby) has the lastest Gen 4, I think he's happy with it. I have the TFI and it works fine with some manual input but you need the Gen 4 with AFR to do it all and easier. The next one I get will be the Gen 4.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Ken

Something to consider ....
Old 06-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeds. View Post
I have one. It was one of the first ones that Lloyd's sold I got it at the AVR. I have had some problems with it. I would get a pop between shifts and the gauge would not stay set. The Dobeck support is awesome they did a firm ware update at no charge for the most part replace the black box on it took care of the pop. After talking to them on the Friday before Memorial week end they said that will replace the gauge on Tuesday I had it great service now the gauge stays set. I rode the bike Yesterday in the rain for a big part of it and the bike ran great. Long story short I would recommend it.

It does replace a Dyno for some of the mods. If you want every last HP the Dyno is the way to go. But that takes allot of time and money.

Fyi their is a learning curve and should have a basic understanding of air/fuel ratio. Easy install and the set up is easy also. I have had mine on and off at least 2 times now. (Once mounted under the seat and now in the fairing) I have put one on another bike in town about a 3 hour job depending where you mount it.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Ken

Thanks Paul, good info...
Old 06-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Mike

My bike is the other bike that Paul has installed the Dobeck Gen 4 on. My bike runs great and is much more responsive, would definitely recommend to anyone.