Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Tech Tips & Questions

Tech Tips & Questions What works and don't work with the mechanical workings of your cycles.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'n Dave View Post
I have the $10 cheapo BT to 30pin interface. Will not skip. There is one you can get more in the $60 range that allows skip. Thing is, a 30 pin ipod you leave there forever allows skip (and shows info on screen) and can be had cheap assuming you don't have one laying around.
Well, that's the thing. You can get an older ipod and plug it in like I have. However, if you want something like Pandora that makes things a little more complicated. Either a BT adapter, or thinking about it, an ipod touch with Pandora using wifi tether to your phone.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Kevin

So, this subject had me searching. I found the Apple Accessory Interface protocols online, which is how you talk to iPods. The XC radio would have to be sending commands to the iPod to request things like song info, playlists, etc...

I also found the Android development documentation to control Pandora. I think I could make an Android app and a 30 pin BT dongle to translate the XC iPod commands to Pandora control...

Long story short, I think I could figure out a way to control Pandora on an Android with the XC controls through the iPod dock. Sounds like a winter project when I am bored.