Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Wayne

Ride For Dads August 13, 2016

To educate my biker friends in Minnesota and to celebrate my survival with others, I have organized a benefit and awareness ride. The Seventh Annual Ride For Dads Prostate Cancer Awareness is August 13, 2016. Sign up is from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 pm at Forest Lake American Legion, 355 West Broadway Ave, Forest Lake, MN. Kickstands up at 1:00. We take a scenic route to Wild River Bar & Grill in Almelund and then a very twisty, scenic route to Meister’s Bar & Grill in Scandia before returning to Forest Lake American Legion for refreshments, dinner specials, raffles, and live music by American Gypsy. There will also be raffles at each stop. Information will be available about detection and treatment options provided by members of the Minnesota Prostate Cancer Coalition. All proceeds go to the Minnesota Prostate Cancer Coalition a 501(c) (3) non-profit, to provide information, patient support, and promote awareness about detection and treatment options for prostate cancer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RIDEFORDADS2016_revF_emailing 7 15 16.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	5901  
Old 08-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Wayne

Here are some of the items that will be raffled off at the Ride For Dads August 13, 2016: Holiday gas station $10 gift cards; Vanelli's on the Lake $25 gift card; Rustic Inn BBQ dinner; Northern Lake Tavern $20 gift card; Bob's Cycle 2 $25 gift cards; Old Log Cabin Restaurant & Bar 2 $25 gift cards; Cornerstone Pub & Prime $10 gift card; Mueller's Jewelry $50 gift card; Northway Sports 2 Victory shirts and a $25 gift card; Just Cuz Chrome donated a Kuryakyn bike bag worth $119. Those are just what I collected and there are more to come. Hope to see some TCVR riders there.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Richard (MN)

My 40th class reunion is this day.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:56 PM
John

Dang, we are going to be out of town this weekend.

Sorry I can't make it Wayne! Great ride for a great cause.

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Wayne

No problem, Johnny. There's too few weekends in the summer in Minnesnowta.

I am also a member of the Lost 202 Riding Club who always attended my Ride For Dads and Aug. 4th we lost our President Eric (EJ) Johnson who always lead a ride to the Ride For Dads. I suspect very few of them will be there tomorrow either as they are all recovering from his death.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:56 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
Aug. 4th we lost our President Eric (EJ) Johnson who always lead a ride to the Ride For Dads. I suspect very few of them will be there tomorrow either as they are all recovering from his death.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Wayne.

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Rick

Sorry to hear Wayne.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Wayne

Well the Ride For Dads took place and had great weather. The Lost 202 RC showed up with 20 bikes and good thing they did as there were only 3 other bikes that showed up. A few others showed up at the Legion at the end of the ride to offer support however. Too many things going on for bikers in the summer and Sturgis ended last weekend also. But, we had a great time and it was a nice twisty ride in good weather.

This weekend will be devoted solely to memorials for Eric (EJ) Johnson, the Lost 202 President who died in Sturgis Aug. 4th. Very strange accident for a very good rider. On a sweeping curve he was distracted and looked away from the curve and unfortunately also turned the front wheel slightly away from the curve also. He then tried to correct himself but over corrected and the Electra Glide went down. He pushed himself away from the bike but slid into a metal sign post with his midsection hard enough to bend the post to the ground. He died minutes later. Sad story, huh? Need to pay attention always when riding.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Dave (Former hammertime)

Ouch, sorry to hear Wayne. Hope this reminder helps someone.