Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Wheels To Meals

Wheels To Meals If you know a good place to ride to for a good meal (a day ride only), start a new thread with the name of the place. In the first post tell us where the place is and what you liked. A picture of the menu would be a nice addition or web site.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Rick

Don Jose Mexican Restaurant - Decorah, Estherville, and Emmetsburg Iowa

I finally had a chance to go to Don Jose Mexican Restaurant in Decorah Iowa, and the food is excellent.

In the early 2000's, this family ran a Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn Center, called Vallarta's. It was on Shingle Creek Parkway and 694, by the Target store. It was the best Mexican food in the twin cities IMO> They closed, and the two brothers that owned the place moved to Iowa to open new restaurants called Don Jose. One is in Decorah Iowa, and the other is in Estherville, Iowa. A cousin of theirs opened a third location in Emmetsburg Iowa. They all have the same menu using the same recipes.

I ate at the Decorah location on January 1, and the food is as amazing as I remember it to be. Very fresh and flavorful. I had the Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo (shrimp in garlic sauce) and it blew me away. If you're in that area, or on your way down to the motorcycle museum, I highly recommend stopping in and having a bite. Or, when you go to the AVR, I suggest stopping into the one in Estherville.

I will definitely be riding down to eat there this summer.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/don-jose-mex...aurant-decorah
Old 05-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Dave (Former hammertime)

I've eaten at the Estherville location. Good food, casual place.