Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Wayne

Bought Val an IonGear vest and on low it is supposed to last 9 hours, Medium, six hours, high, four hours, and a plug in is available if I want to order one. Also bought her heated gloves. I think both will work unless temperatures get below 30s.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Terry

Lows up around Ely are supposed to be in the mid 40's and the highs in the high 50's.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Wayne

I'll assume the lows are night time or early morning temps, huh?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes View Post
I'll assume the lows are night time or early morning temps, huh?
Yes, thats what weather.com predicts.
As long as it stays like that, it won't be horribly cold and it will continue to warm up as we head south on Sunday
Old 09-27-2017, 06:11 AM
Rick

Yes, the weather for the weekend is looking fairly good for this time of year. Certainly better than last year's trip.

According to the forecast:
  • Lows when we meet up in Forest Lake will be about 45+ degrees.
  • Lunch in Ely will be in the mid-50s and partly cloudy.
  • When we arrive at Hungry Jack Lodge on the Gunflint, we should be in the mid-50s.
  • Starting out on Sunday should be about 45 degrees.
  • As we approach the Twin Cities, we might have to dodge a scattered rain shower with temps in the mid-60s.
  • We will keep an eye on the weather on Sunday afternoon and adjust the route home with the intention of staying dry.
  • The Gunflint Trail might be getting their first frost on Wednesday night, with should really kick the leaves into color.
For anyone coming from the Southwest, be warned that I-35W is closed between 62 and 94, but 169 is finally open.

The Fall Color Report should be updated by the DNR later today. Look for Judge C.R. Magney, Cascade River, Temperance, and Bear Head state parks for areas we will be passing through. Filtering on Northeast will help reduce clutter. http://dnr.state.mn.us/fall_colors/index.html

Is it Saturday, yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FallColor20170926.png
Views:	22
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	6378  Click image for larger version

Name:	GrandMaraisWeather20170927.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	6379  
Old 09-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Rick

Lunch will be at the Stony Ridge Lodge on Shagawa Lake. We will be parking the bikes at the Shagawa Lake Beach and Park. They have 2 islands connected by bridges right there. Pretty cool.

They are known for the best burgers in the area. Their burger menu is huge. They also have sodas (both Coke and Pepsi products) along with a full beer menu and several wines. They also have locally produced root beer.

For past large group trips we have done, the host restaurant has frequently struggled to get the group handled in a reasonable amount of time. I've worked with Stony Creek and they guarantee to have us in and out on 1 hour. *IF* we can order quickly. MamaT will have a menu for each person coming with on the trip. Take a few minutes to look at it while on the way up. Your menu will have your name and your cabin name on it. Orders will be placed into the kitchen by cabin. This will help the staff in delivering your order. For example, the server will bring out a "Walleye with Onion Rings for Caribou". You don't have to sit with your cabin mates, but you will need to know your cabin.

Please take a moment to look over the menu. Please note that Stuffed burgers, the Italian Beef, and the Sasquatch will NOT be available to our group on Saturday.

http://stonyridgeresort.com/

Quick ordering and delivery will be key to a leisurely and fun trip down Hwy 1 and up the North Shore.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Greg

Hi Rick
I think a friend of mine from years back , his family owned Stony if you think about it ask it the Dutafal's are the owner and if so see if Jeff is around and say hi for me , I'd greatly appreciate it . Thanks
Jeff used to be the cook at the wayzeta Muni .
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Brian

A big pre thank you goes out to Thumper and Mama T for the prep for the ride on Saturday. You people rock. Will there be a group meeting up again on the west side to ride up to Forrest Lake?
Old 09-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Rick

Shucks! You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny B View Post
Will there be a group meeting up again on the west side to ride up to Forrest Lake?
You're welcome to stop by my house. We expect to leave for Forest Lake by 6:30am. Shallonigans and Goldie are riding up with us. Might be another one or two as well. We will just bomb 494/694/I35W up to the Kwik Trip in Forest Lake.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Brian

You're welcome to stop by my house. We expect to leave for Forest Lake by 6:30am. Shallonigans and Goldie are riding up with us. Might be another one or two as well. We will just bomb 494/694/I35W up to the Kwik Trip in Forest Lake.[/quote] Cool should be 10 degrees warmer than last year.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Ted

I'll be looking for the group near the Hwy-53/Wilson Rd intersection (Timbers Edge bar/grille).

ETA to Cotton, Mn ?
Old 09-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-zulu View Post
I'll be looking for the group near the Hwy-53/Wilson Rd intersection (Timbers Edge bar/grille).

ETA to Cotton, Mn ?
We are fueling up at the intersection of 33 and 53. Should be there around 10:15.
Probably passing by the Timber's Edge and Eveleth around 11.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:33 PM
Ted

Ok, sounds good..
Old 10-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Kurt

Many thanks to Thumper and Mrs T for all the arrangements for lining up another awesome fall color run.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Ted

Thumper - Mrs T- thanks for letting me tag along and leading the group on the Highway-#1 ..

I had fun.

Did anyone get rained on the return?

c-zulu