Twin Cities Victory Riders  

Go Back   Twin Cities Victory Riders > TCVR Main Forums > Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS

Rides, Gatherings, Events, Rally's & Friendly BS This is where we share our passion for our Victory's. Help others with their machines and organize to ride, ride..........ride.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:30 AM
Chris

challenger

Polaris/Indian sure think a lot of the new bike. I will withhold final decision on the looks until I can see one in person. I do think the final product looks better than the spy shots for some reason. But at 30k with very minimal accessorries added they are certainly going after a narrow market imo. At that price I will be on a BMW Grand America or K1600GTL. I'm also surprised the red line is so low for a water cooled engine.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Challenger Price.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	6519  Click image for larger version

Name:	1572366358693-productstill.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	6520  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 AM
Chris

sorry, I guess that is the challenger limited. the base challenger starts at 22k, add in the same options and it comes to ~24k.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:45 PM
Dean

I think it looks great and I'd love to try one out. That engine is likely fantastic.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowebote View Post
I'm also surprised the red line is so low for a water cooled engine.
True, but it's still a BIG V-Twin WC engine. I know that Ducati and Aprilia have twins that run a lot higher, but in a different style of bike. I don't know if there are many that ride cruiser that want their bike sounding like a sport bike at Road America!

Plus 6500 is 1300 more than the stock Vic 106 and easily 1500 more than the TS111. And I imagine there is still about 1500-2000 R's still left in that beast - especially since the rods are capable of 300HP.

[SARCASM] I cant wait to see what Lloyd the engine guru can do with this engine [/SARCASM]
Old 10-29-2019, 09:18 PM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

I want to see this with a full touring trip package of lowers and a trunk.

Would like to give that motor a try!

Motoprimo told me yesterday that theirs are shipping 11/11 and should be there within a week of that date.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:49 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsteamn View Post
I think it looks great and I'd love to try one out. That engine is likely fantastic.
I'm not sold on the looks. I do like the current pics and think I might like it when I see it in person. I'm not a fan of the road glide looks and this is almost the same looks. I'm interested on what the tour version with lowers and a trunk will look like. I think that will be down the line though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGopher View Post
[SARCASM] I cant wait to see what Lloyd the engine guru can do with this engine [/SARCASM]
The same thought crossed my mind in the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
I want to see this with a full touring trip package of lowers and a trunk.

Would like to give that motor a try!

Motoprimo told me yesterday that theirs are shipping 11/11 and should be there within a week of that date.
Think its going to be a while before the tour package comes out for it. And looking at the current price points it will most likely be 35k or north of that. There are a lot of bikes out there for that cost.

I still need to get to motoprimo and see the new shop. Checking out the new bike seems like a good reason!
Old 10-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

Quote:
I'm not sold on the looks. I do like the current pics and think I might like it when I see it in person. I'm not a fan of the road glide looks and this is almost the same looks.
^^ That...

Quote:
Think its going to be a while before the tour package comes out for it. And looking at the current price points it will most likely be 35k or north of that. There are a lot of bikes out there for that cost.
Agreed on the timing and it would then put it in the same price range of the Roadmaster Elite but will a better drive train!
Old 10-30-2019, 12:54 PM

I'm reserving judgement until I can ride one. The last Roadmaster I tested had plenty of power but was very cramped compared to my Vision.

It's a pity that Polaris will too stupid to make a Indian-badged Vision with this engine. That'd be a perfect touring bike.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:34 PM
John

I surely hope the full tour version is less than 35K, or it may be out of my league for a while...
I don't see how a tour pack and some lower justifies an additional $7K over the dark horse. (the dark horse has the big screen infotainment/gizmo's correct?)
- which does work pretty dang well from the little that I have used it

I will still likely have my Garmin (for backup) and of course my Cell mounted... as the cell with Google.Maps AND Waze running at the same time is still easier to use (barring the tip of your index finger and thumb aren't covered by a glove - which is why I cut my gloves to have those digit tips free..until it gets too cold of course) ...if cell coverage is available ....

A good cam, a couple more revs, with better breathing (and more fuel of course) really opens this engine up...add a big bore to that and it REALLY comes alive! (from what I understand)

I surely hope the tourpack doesn't open sideways like the HD's do....have never liked that.

I still need to ride one...especially a full tour b4 I can decide.

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:39 AM
Kyle

It does look better than previous pics, probably because of the contrasting colors, but it still looks like a HD clone.
As far as a trunk, the one on the Kawasaki Voyager would look as good as anything else.
John, the HD tourpack opens sideways so you can get into it with a passenger on still on the bike. But I agree, it looks wonky when open.

I'll never buy one, but I will probably demo one.
After all, we've all been waiting for this motor for a long time.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:33 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ritz View Post

I surely hope the tourpack doesn't open sideways like the HD's do....have never liked that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerX View Post
John, the HD tourpack opens sideways so you can get into it with a passenger on still on the bike. But I agree, it looks wonky when open.
Having spent a week on an Electra-Glide recently, I have to say I like the side opening trunk. Not only can you get it open with a passenger, but if you have a travel bag on the passenger seat, you can still access stuff.

It's actually one of the few things about the H-D that I liked.

And unless they are going to clean-sheet a design for the trunk, I have a feeling it'll be the same one that's on the RM right now.

Regardless, I'll ride one in the spring, but I won't even think about buying one until I see the full tour version.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

Quote:
It's actually one of the few things about the H-D that I liked.
Well that, the stereo and the kick stand right?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Mark (formerly Mark2112)

Quote:
And unless they are going to clean-sheet a design for the trunk, I have a feeling it'll be the same one that's on the RM right now.
I was informed it was highly probable it will be the RM trunk.

That could look strange considering the lines would not match the front end.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Rick

Quote:
I was informed it was highly probable it will be the RM trunk.

That could look strange considering the lines would not match the front end.
Why would that look strange? None of the lines on that bike match. The fairing looks like an aftermarket bolt-on and the bags are boxy things that don't flow with the fenders. So a weird looking trunk will fit right in.

Not a fan of the looks, but want to sit on one. I doubt that it's going to be as roomy as either of my Vics, but work a try.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Joe

Quote:
Well that, the stereo and the kick stand right?
Very true!