Thread: Flags
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 AM
flatsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadude View Post
2 things stick out for me:

1) DZ got a free $30,000 trike and now wants free repairs? Just being the guy that "rides a lot" doesn't give you extra credit. At least not to me. He's not the only Marine I know, and he's not the only politician, ex or not. He got a goddammed bike...FOR FREE!!!! This becoming a media whore just to get more free stuff makes him look really bad.

2) Unless it says in the HD warrantee that you can only have 'X' number of flags or 'Y' pounds of drag at 'Z' mph, how can they know he exceeded the specs of the drivetrain? Wouldn't it be more prudent to fix the bike for $700 than have your PR dept battling the press? If you fixed it, there's no news story. But since you DIDN'T fix it, you got this 2nd rate e-zine giving you bad press. And if some real news outlet picks it up, you're really in trouble.

I got a saying...

When you put 2 angry monkeys in a room and ask them to solve a problem, they come out of that room covered in poo every time.
If free pisses you off, you'd better start hating a lot of your fellow Victory riders, some TCVR's included with multiple gratis rides per garage. If you happen to land a job with Polaris you too would qualify and crow isn't very tasty.

I put in my time in the '60s but not in the hell of Vietnam. I don't feel justified putting Dave down, he's probably done more to promote the good side of motorcycling than any 10 combined from this or any other site, not to mention his real service to this country.

Should he use smaller flags? Yeah if he wants a warranty, but I doubt he'll do so. His passion outweighs the details.

Do your thing Dave and to hell with your detractors. I stand with you, I'm tired of this country and our flag being attacked.

Last edited by flatsboy; 05-27-2014 at 06:49 AM.