View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 09:30 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinrider View Post
The Vision replacement itch. My 2008 is up to 28,000 miles. Was looking for better heat management. Sitting over that air cooled twin gets warm, especially behind that full fairing. I did buy a 13" tall windshield and just gave that a ride. Nice to have some airflow thru the helmet and hitting the tops of my shoulders. I figure I can raise the windshield up to the standard stock height if rain hits, but I ride in hot temps more often than rain. I strongly recommend a shorter windshield. The view over the top is nicer also.

Since $10K is about my limit for alternate rides, I hadn't even begun to look closely at the Indian line. Thanks for the heads up review on the Challenger. I had rode the Wisconsin twisties with some sport touring riders and got the bug to ride one. Latched on to a 2016 Yamaha FJR1300. Let's just say that mid-range RPM in 4th has you going 80mph. You begin to wonder why there is a 5th and 6th gear. The liquid cooled engine throws much less heat and you can drop the windshield to get a facefull of fresh air. They come standard with sidebags and mine has the touring trunk option. I do like a place to throw my helmet, gloves, and glasses. The handling is remarkable, especially in corners.

I now have the option to invite my sons to come ride with me. When they do, they ride the FJR and I ride the Vision. Had one son take me up on the offer already.
Do you have the lower wind deflectors on your Vision? They do help a lot - once moving!
In the rain, I ride with the windshield lowered - the wind helps keep my helmet shield clear.

Nice FJR - there have been a few here that have had those as well - great sport touring bike!

Johnny Ritz & #434
VMC #59

John Ritter, the one still living.