Twin Cities Victory Riders

Twin Cities Victory Riders (http://TCVR.us/messages/index.php)
-   Tech Tips & Questions (http://TCVR.us/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   S&S intake /filter (http://TCVR.us/messages/showthread.php?t=2793)

c-zulu 01-27-2009 02:43 AM

S&S intake /filter

Who here has performed this modification and are you satisfied with the result?

Looking at the possibility of this mod, I've read other sources and the results seem positive in general. Is thier a dealer in the metro who has done the install?

Thanks

Ted

TBIRD 01-27-2009 07:04 AM

I had Warners install this on my 02 TC. I can feel a torque increase mostly when two-up riding. The bike also looks better without the plastic intake ductwork.

Wingnutx7 01-27-2009 10:22 AM

I second that. Warners installed the S&S Airbox and Ness Slashness pipes on my Hammer and what a difference.

Wingnutx7

Schamby 01-27-2009 05:52 PM

The install is not that hard. Just take the tank off and split the intake and remove. Install the S&S filter. You will have to take to the dealer to have the down load done. I find that after 3000 rpm the power really come on. This is one of the top 10 mods that I have done.:clap:

Thumper 01-28-2009 07:24 AM

Hey Ted,
I had Warner's do the S&S for me when I was replacing my front forks. It looks great. The only part that you can really see when looking normally side-on at the bike is just a shiny hint of the air cleaner bottom plate reflecting in the polished cylinder heads. From the right angle it almost has one of those infinity mirror effects. Almost.

I didn't notice much of a performance boost, but I've got the 92 inch motor with a lot of miles on it. In fact, with the Santa Rosa pipes and the Stage One map, I run a little rich still. Maybe this is the year that I do the Power Commander. :-)
- Rick

c-zulu 01-28-2009 10:52 AM

Thanks guys. Has anyone had issues with the intake while riding in heavy rain?
Just wondering if the probability of running into a hydro lock is.? Especially with road spray ecy ect.

Thanks

Wingnutx7 01-28-2009 11:51 AM

I have been through some long rain spells and no issues.
But, I am about to pull the tank so I can clean the filter...I am hoping the airbox is not that dirty.

Wingnutx7

TBIRD 01-28-2009 12:32 PM

I havn't had any issues in the rain and I get caught in the rain a lot, not intentionally but a lot. I did have trouble one time when I washed her pretty agressively, used a high pressure washer to get some bugs off. It ran like crap for about three miles spit and sputtered a bit, then she came around. Since that happened I'm a little more careful washing her.

Rainmaker 02-08-2009 08:49 PM

I did it myself on the 05 kingpin. It was fun cutting out the old airbox with a hole saw. Something about knowing there was no turning back. The performance increase was significant and there is a little more noise at full throttle (that I didn't enjoy). But it looks fantactic! Our comrad Kit now enjoys that bike.
Anyway well worth the effort, but I remind you, there's no going back to the OEM airbox without dropping the engine.

kkwbl 02-09-2009 11:47 AM

I had this modification completed last summer by Warners...new S&S airbox plus I ended up doing the 100cu. in. big bore kit to my 92. I really like the look and S&S is the way to go with all of the work they have done with Victory.....mapping, etc was right on.

I can't comment on the change in power, etc because I did the big bore kit at the same time which is great. But I did notice that it is a bit louder which is requiring me to now have ear plugs on most of my rides now....not really loud but just enough to notice.

My Harley buddies really like the sound now....

Kit 02-10-2009 12:24 PM

Believe me, I appreciate everything Rob did to that bike. Now if we can get some more warm weather, street sweepers, and gully washin' rains, I can get out and do some real appreciatin':bikerun2:

beamer 02-11-2009 05:02 AM

after reading all the talk about the s&s intake and filter, i was wondering what the cost of the kit was....

beamer
00 vistory sc

KillerX 02-19-2009 07:07 AM

Dick, your SC will probably resond better with a PMRT filter and chip. Had them both on mine and it ran great, the chip also raises the rev limiter, and improved mileage.
http://psychomotive.com/engineparts.html

beamer 02-24-2009 05:48 AM

thanks kyle....i'll check them out

beamer
oo victory sc

c-zulu 03-16-2009 02:01 PM

Speaking of mileage was there a difference from the stock vs. S&S ? I get about 38-40 mpg now.